• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 68-70 Gas Tank Straps, J bolts, J bolt brackets, Filler neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsd1967

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to convert my 67 belvedere to a 68-70 style tank so when I mini tub it I can still get the exhaust out the back. I have a tank and sender, but as the title states, I'm looking for all the other hardware to hang the tank as well as the filler neck, and as far as that goes a plate flip down bracket too.

Let me know what you have and what you're asking.

I have a nice used 68-70 B-body except Charger filler neck $35 plus shipping if interested...

IMG_8199.JPG IMG_8200.JPG IMG_8201.JPG

I have the rest of it...if still needed

Why not see if you can use a Charger tank and retain you existing filler.

Stanton. That is a great idea!

I have my head stuck on the standard Plymouth tank and didn’t think to look into the charger tank.

I have a Plymouth tank but am not committed to using it.

I have the "J" bolts and tank straps. Tank straps are for the 68-70 B Body. "J" bolts are for all applications.

So I think the spare tire well has to go, right? And then the crossmember at the very back has to be swapped or modified.

All this is why ???

Well when you mini tub it you only move the tubs in as far as the outside of the rails. So I don't see what the issue is with the exhaust and a stock tank !!

These are of a mini tubbed '67. Unfortunately I only have these photos.

IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG

Stanton,

When you minitub, you move the tubs into the frame rails and the springs then move directly under the frame rails. In a 66-67, the spare tire well basically runs from frame rail to frame rail as well as the gas tank, so when you minitub you run out of real estate to put the exhaust out the back. In the 68-70's, the spare tire was moved into the trunk, a flat trunk floor was used and the tank was narrower and longer. There was sufficient room to run the exhaust between the tank and frame rail as that was the standard routing for the 68-70.

I know I have some other surgery to do to the trunk floor, but I like the idea of more of a factory type look...even if it really doesn't match the year.

The one you have shown above is a coil over car.....it takes care of the issue where the exhaust and the leaf springs need to occupy the same territory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back