• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger grille trim fastener help

89yjred

Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
I've done some searching on here and can't really come up with any help. I purchased the grille trim mounting fastener kit pictured and can't figure what goes where and I do not have an old grille to go off of. Does anybody have any idea what the red square pcs are for? I have never seen those in any other kit. Why different length studs? The longer one's seem to be way to long to go any where. I get that the black tensioners are for tension on the nuts, but there are ten holes in the top and bottom of the grille and only eight tensioners. If someone could post some pictures that would help out tremendously. Thanks for the help.

grille clips.jpg

The C-shaped trim does not have the tensioners behind them. I'm pretty good with 68s, but not 69s. I suspect that the large ones would be for the center H-shaped trim.

The C-shaped trim does not have the tensioners behind them. I'm pretty good with 68s, but not 69s. I suspect that the large ones would be for the center H-shaped trim.
I was told this kit is for a 69 not a 68, but really the only difference is the 68 kit doesn't have the red square pcs. Do you have any idea why the longer and shorter studs?

I was told this kit is for a 69 not a 68, but really the only difference is the 68 kit doesn't have the red square pcs. Do you have any idea why the longer and shorter studs?

The 4 shorter ones might be for the C-moldings?

Auto Transport Service
Back