• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Slant 6, 3 on the tree ... resto still going strong.

Delblanco10

Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
Just wanted to send an update to whomever may be wondering about the Slant 6 resto I starting posting about a couple of years ago. Car sat for about 6-7 months and of course cranked right up a couple of weeks ago when I started on it again. Didn't even hesitate (got to love the leaning tower of power). Right now I'm getting the lights and guages back on and running. Just put in a big order for all of the interior hardware and soft parts. And just threw some Magnum 500s and BF Goodrich tires on it, and dropped the front three inches. Looks pretty mean. Hopefully I'll have it on the road before the end of the summer, if I don't deploy again before then. IMG_2103-2.JPGIMG_20150604_170730.jpgIMG_20150604_170743.jpgIMG_20150604_170753.jpg

I love the big block engines, but I'm digging the slant six. Besides, after six months you know I probably would have been tinkering with a 383 or 440 for at least an hour to get it started. I love that this thing just cranks every time without delay.

That's a rare bird for sure. I remember seeing one back in the 70's and thought who would do that. Chargers always ment performance to me, as groing up , my my cousins had a 68 and 69 chargers both with 383's. But now a slant 6 charger is pretty cool indeed. Good luck with the build.

Wow, talk about rare indeed. This is the 3rd that I have ever seen. I've been doing this hobby for 50 years.

i think your car is freaking awesome, RARE FIND. i love it. find another 68 an drop the big motor in that. leave that one alone an get it inside. lol

Auto Transport Service
Back