• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet 500 return to its original identity

MMorgan

Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
Just thought I would post some results of my “ super bee “ reversal back to original identity. Although I’m not looking to bring it to complete original, I did want to return to its born identity. I bought this car about 6 months ago. Previous owner was way over his head on a lot of mechanical issues, and decided to clone it . I found the tail light bezels, trim panel, front grill emblem, Side panel trim, original badging. I restored the taillight bezels, and the finish panel on trunk myself, as did re drill and install badging. Here are before and after pics thanks for all the advice and help on finding parts, still a work in progress but it’s getting there! I have also since photos, replaced radiator with proper one and fan shroud, clutch fan,air cleaner. I’ve also adds a vein rotary vacume pump to help with braking and vacume switches . Cheers to you all!!

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0757.jpeg

IMG_1236.png

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1369.jpeg

Here is more pics. I love the look of the trunk and rearend from the basic super bee look, even found the trunk chrome trim piece.. last “ bee” badge is on the tail stripe, I have the bumble bee striping on its way..

IMG_1369.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

That’s looking Super, scratch the bee. In the first picture of the rear trim panel I thought you had highlighted the 500 and the humps in green, like the color of your car. I thought that was cool and different. :thumbsup:

Now I see that was probably tape, so the tail panel came out sharp!

Those side boomerang bezels look great too.

Nice progress MM

I thought about doing the green in the 500, but yes it was tape. Funny quick story on side trim. 3 months after buying the car, I found these on eBay. After buying them I was scraping the edges of white paint from the car they came off of. I got to thinking about it and remembered the prev. Owner telling me the car was born white. I researched the seller of the trim pieces and sure enough it was the guy I bought the car from. Mixed emotions as I was suppose to receive all the spare parts from restore. Found several of them posted for sale ☹️. Bright side they are original to this car, and I thought that was cool.

Good on you!! Not everything is meant to be cloned..... i like to see a good original Satellite and even Belvedere too from that era.

My mother had a 69 Coronet 440, Copper color with white vinyl top. Absolutely gorgeous car, wish I had it today and definitely would keep it's original identity! Definitely worth putting back to the way it was back in the day.

Just thought I would post some results of my “ super bee “ reversal back to original identity. Although I’m not looking to bring it to complete original, I did want to return to its born identity. I bought this car about 6 months ago. Previous owner was way over his head on a lot of mechanical issues, and decided to clone it . I found the tail light bezels, trim panel, front grill emblem, Side panel trim, original badging. I restored the taillight bezels, and the finish panel on trunk myself, as did re drill and install badging. Here are before and after pics thanks for all the advice and help on finding parts, still a work in progress but it’s getting there! I have also since photos, replaced radiator with proper one and fan shroud, clutch fan,air cleaner. I’ve also adds a vein rotary vacume pump to help with braking and vacume switches . Cheers to you all!!

View attachment 1532539

View attachment 1532540

View attachment 1532541

View attachment 1532542

View attachment 1532543

View attachment 1532544

View attachment 1532545

View attachment 1532546

View attachment 1532547

View attachment 1532548
Pls provide info we’re to buy the chrome pieces on the “air vent's” behind doors

Is this the same car thats featured as Project Snowball in Dead Dodge Garage?

It’s ran flawless other than some timing issues. Then it puked tranny fluid yesterday. Still scratching our heads..

Auto Transport Service
Back