• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger what is it worth?

That does NOT look like a California car.

Thick, crusty rust with bondo over it and rusted out again through the bondo....

I just got home from looking at the car and you guys were correct in that it was rustier than it appeared. The only thing going for it is the fact that it is a 1968 Dodge Charger that is in very complete condition with all original straight ( albeit rusty) sheet metal.

No fender tag, had to brush off a ton of crud just to find the holes where it was supposed to be. Rust in all the lower quarters, in the lower fronts of both doors, floors pans have to be shot gauging from the rust stained carpet. Door panels were moldy from all the moisture that was inside the car. Dash was cracked, gauge cluster was all there but needs complete resto. Lots of rust everywhere around the back window, and spots along the drip rail too. Trunk lid was rusted out, hood was rusted along the front but mostly decent. Grill was complete with a few cracks.

Under the primer was the original gold paint, interior was beige and needed everything. Engine bay was filled with debris but looked complete, air cleaner in the back seat along with the rear bumper.

Supposedly all of the exterior trim was in the trunk, no lock and wasn’t open to check........ it would have to guess the trunk pan is rusted out as well. Crawled under it and the frame rails did appear to be solid.

The original owner died in 82’ and the wife parked the car under a big pine tree in the yard where it sat for 35 years. Hard to believe that much rust from a car in this area.

There s no way in hell a car in this condition should be listed for $12k, but the current owner says one in similar shape just sold for $14k with no drive train on eBay. I don’t know what he will end up getting for it but I won’t be making an offer. I was amazed that the car wasn’t even touched since it was bought, it still had all of the leaves and tree crap all over it from who knows how long ago.

Telltale sign of the real condition was the small piles of rust on the ground the under doors and fenders from opening and closing the doors.

If you are looking for a car to restore and not be under water i think you are nearly SOL anymore.
If you are looking to make a few bucks get it bought for under 10k and flip it. It will sell. Clean it up as best you can and it will bring over 10k. Crazy maybe...maybe not. Depends on the market in the future.
If you want a really nice driver 68 Charger better bring a big checkbook. There arent many bargain 68 Chargers out there...

and he will get the 30 for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back