• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger

new 1/4 needing lots of mud

10310164_698344170224295_100965025888389029_n.jpg
10334286_698344293557616_4412405407464101529_n.jpg

Is that AMD? If so they sure have went down hill in a hurry.

So what was the problem? Was the metal wavy?
Did you complain to AMD?

AMD Charger quarters leave ALOT to be desired. It sounds like they have Road Runner quarters figured out, but not so for the Chargers.

hey Don,the body line in the center was up & down & all over & the panel was wavy,no i did not complain to them,i had been real sick about the time i got the panel & did not get a good look at it for a while,so i figured it was to late for them to do anything about it,also behind the wheel well was a hump in the panel,the lower patch for the other side had the same funky hump in it also.

hey Don,the body line in the center was up & down & all over & the panel was wavy,no i did not complain to them,i had been real sick about the time i got the panel & did not get a good look at it for a while,so i figured it was to late for them to do anything about it,also behind the wheel well was a hump in the panel,the lower patch for the other side had the same funky hump in it also.

Don't forget about the buckling around the side marker stamping, and the fact that they need to be sliced and rewelded to fit up to the rear lower corners. The kid doing the bodywork on mine told me many, many times that I should send them back because they were so bad. Looks like I would have still gotten a pile of crap - no offense Charlie. I think their Charger skin dies should be remade before they sell any more of these. I haven't seen any, but some have stated that AMD full quarters are a lot better.

that is a full 1/4 on mine
no offense taken at all Hunt.

For some reason I thought you were using skins - see what old age is doing to me? Guess AMD needs to rework all there Charger quarters then lol. Now I am really glad I didn't waste all the time and money sending my skins back for replacement fulls. Doesn't sound like I would have been any farther ahead, except for eliminating the long weld.

AMD Charger quarters leave ALOT to be desired. It sounds like they have Road Runner quarters figured out, but not so for the Chargers.

I think you have that all wrong, they had the quarters figured out and then sent them to China for production where I believe the Chinese ruined them. I bought the full quarters right after they started making them while the dies were fresh and mine were near flawless only needing a little work in the same spots on both sides (right behind the doors on top). I did talk to AMD and they made brand new dies here in the US and spent allot of time getting them right, now there trashed.

all in all this new bondo 1/4 panel is way better, than the caved in, pulled out some bondoed re caved in & bondo again old 1/4, LOL

Damn! I know the AMD '69 'bird quarters Mike gets usually needed a little love but nothing like this or what Joel's talking about.

Makes me nervous about what I'll find when I go to mud my rear lower quarter patch. Everything fit pretty well zapping it in, just needed a little convincing at the tail panel. I chopped the upper body line off the patch to save the original line and it looked like it all worked out well, that's BS they're selling full quarters that need that much work though

1401343344294.jpg

all in all this new bondo 1/4 panel is way better, than the caved in, pulled out some bondoed re caved in & bondo again old 1/4, LOL

You are absolutely correct with that statement. I really wish AMD would make their parts on our soil by people that would care a little bit about the quality of the end product. But thanks to our government, they get tax incentives to have the plant in China.

Damn........Charger guys really get the short end of the stick with the AMD quarters. I spoke with AMD on my RR quarters problems and honestly I probably would have been better off going out back and griping to one of the tree's. Well, good luck. With that healthy of a skim coat and some serious blocking, i'm sure she'll be straight as a board in the end. Still sucks to see all the extra work you gotta take on.

cut the scallops out & put my 70 road runner scoop on :)

10449467_702730239785688_3372746630504214139_n.jpg
10343679_702730149785697_8473597668872600488_n.jpg
10413348_702730326452346_1386887366562365903_n.jpg

Nice work, your using RR hood? Didn't know they would fit.

using the road runner reference to mess with the purist,they allways gripe about a chevy hood on a mopar.

Auto Transport Service
Back