• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 fender tag assist please....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Guys in trying to decode the fender tag on my GTX, under PNT, it list WU2. I think that means two tone paint, W=Sable White roof, U= Frost Blue Poly...is that correct. Next,under UBS is U3. Is that the stripe code and what is U3 thanks

Assuming your UBS = U 3

UBS is
Upper door interior color - U= Frost Blue Poly
Buffed paint - blank = no
Stripe color - 3 = White stripe

Magic Decoder says:

PAINT: Two Tone Paint, White Upper Body Color and Light Blue Metallic Lower Body Color.
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color. Charger Red Racing Stripe.

So, the original owner tried to do a repaint back to how he bought it
IMG_0153-1.jpg

that molding is horrible......the **** people did in the 70s:fool:

Rear mount antenna. Any hole in the front fender?

I got a 73 Chally somebody put that same moulding on,,,,,just what they did trying to prevent door dings I guess. It was put on by drilling holes and pop rivets....hoping that is NOT put on with rivets also. No antenna holes in the front fender, I just assumed rear ant. is what u got when u got the eight track player. I wondered why the boot was full of old eight tracks.
Original owner was a paint and body guy ,somewhat. The car was hit pretty hard in the rear, as per the different color trunk lid. Front right fender and front end also has taken a good lick sometime in the past. Bondo work on the front fender is pretty thick.....how they did it back then. It appears that after some repair work was done the body was repainted. I assume the deck replacement came after that. The red stripes were painted on...were they not decals originally....thanks....

I got a 73 Chally somebody put that same moulding on,,,,,just what they did trying to prevent door dings I guess. It was put on by drilling holes and pop rivets....hoping that is NOT put on with rivets also. No antenna holes in the front fender, I just assumed rear ant. is what u got when u got the eight track player. I wondered why the boot was full of old eight tracks.
Original owner was a paint and body guy ,somewhat. The car was hit pretty hard in the rear, as per the different color trunk lid. Front right fender and front end also has taken a good lick sometime in the past. Bondo work on the front fender is pretty thick.....how they did it back then. It appears that after some repair work was done the body was repainted. I assume the deck replacement came after that. The red stripes were painted on...were they not decals originally....thanks....

the antenna would be on the passenger fender regardless of the radio.

is the mount for a CB antenna?

Ok, wow, should be on the fender, huh. Currently there is working electric antenna mounted in the trunk. An aftermarket for sure. I will check and see how good was the weld up and patch on the fender.

The weld up of the original antenna hole on the top side is good and cannot detect it. The underside is behind the inter fender door jam seal off which appears to made of metal. My 73 is plastic, so cannot tell bottom side how good was the patch. That pass fender is in rough shape and I see a repop fender is available ....may shoot for a repop and move the tenna back up front...

Auto Transport Service
Back