• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX stock fuse box

Rocketman

Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the turn signal flasher is? I thought it was right of the ashtray under dash but I can't see it or feel it. Put some ne plasma bulbs in tail and need to replace flasher.

Thanks

starting in 67, it was under the dash on passenger side

Does anyone know where the turn signal flasher is? I thought it was right of the ashtray under dash but I can't see it or feel it. Put some ne plasma bulbs in tail and need to replace flasher.

Thanks

close to fuse box?

- - - Updated - - -

starting in 67, it was under the dash on passenger side

Close to fuse box?

I just went through this myself and had a really hard time finding the flasher. I ended up using my phone to take pictures under the dash. My turn signal flasher was plugged into a receptacle on the driver side of the ash tray (the hazard flasher on the passenger side). I've attached two pictures that show the flasher in the little receptacle. Hope this helps. IMG_0243.jpgIMG_0246.jpg

I just went through this myself and had a really hard time finding the flasher. I ended up using my phone to take pictures under the dash. My turn signal flasher was plugged into a receptacle on the driver side of the ash tray (the hazard flasher on the passenger side). I've attached two pictures that show the flasher in the little receptacle. Hope this helps.View attachment 252419View attachment 252420

I thought it would be round. Is it square?

I guess the originals were square. They apparently don't make the square ones anymore - the new one I bought was round. It obviously doesn't plug in to the little holder any more so I just set it next to it. Now it just kind of hangs loose in there.

The new flasher also seems to be quite a bit bigger than the old one. Here's a pic of the new flasher in comparison to the receptacle:

IMG_0284.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 224
Also. Is that location below the radio in the dash or back toward the firewall? The left of my ash tray is so full of wires it means disassembling some stuff just to see up in there

It's directly below the radio, under the dash. The little box is actually attached to the side of the ash tray housing. I found it really helpful to take pictures with my phone under the dash. I was able to move the length of it and try to find the flashers because I had no idea where they went (and I was looking for a round one). I couldn't feel either with them in the housing. I ended up finding both plugged into the receptacle on the ash tray and then looked for the wires coming out of the connectors. The turn signal flasher has 2 wires out of the connector (a red and a black) and the hazard flasher has 3 wires (a red and two pinks, I believe). Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a pic of the hazard flasher on the passenger side for some context. You can see it under the radio and also the wires out of the connector.

IMG_0217.JPG

I guess the originals were square. They apparently don't make the square ones anymore - the new one I bought was round. It obviously doesn't plug in to the little holder any more so I just set it next to it. Now it just kind of hangs loose in there.

The new flasher also seems to be quite a bit bigger than the old one. Here's a pic of the new flasher in comparison to the receptacle:

View attachment 252425

Thanks for your help! I never would have found it without your help. Your pictures helped me identify mine faster and I now have turn signals with new plasma leds. I have a two week old master cylinder I am taking off to put a summit racing booster and master cylinder combo on. If u need one I will make you a deal. Thanks again!

Happy to help...it's not too often that I can! Thanks for the offer on the master cylinder but I think I'm good on that front. I am interested in the LEDs you got though. I've been reading some of the posts on them lately and have been thinking about doing that myself. Which ones did you go with? Did you need a special flasher or just a standard one? Other than the flasher did you have to do anything else to be able to use LEDs? Thanks.

Happy to help...it's not too often that I can! Thanks for the offer on the master cylinder but I think I'm good on that front. I am interested in the LEDs you got though. I've been reading some of the posts on them lately and have been thinking about doing that myself. Which ones did you go with? Did you need a special flasher or just a standard one? Other than the
flasher did you have to do anything else to be able to use LEDs? Thanks.

On this board there is an 1157 to plasma led thread. Got the west coast cougar leds in the thread and the no load flasher HYRDGOON posted. That was it.thanks

Cool. I read that thread and those were the exact LEDs I've been thinking about. Was curious about the flasher and figured I'd ask since you've just been through it. Did you do LEDs in the tail lights only or also in the parking lamps and side markers and stuff? I was considering only the tail lights because those seem like the ones you really want to be bright but it seems like a good idea to reduce the load on the old wires...

Cool. I read that thread and those were the exact LEDs I've been thinking about. Was curious about the flasher and figured I'd ask since you've just been through it. Did you do LEDs in the tail lights only or also in the parking lamps and side markers and stuff? I was considering only the tail lights because those seem like the ones you really want to be bright but it seems like a good idea to reduce the load on the old wires...

I only did the tail lights and they were $28.XX shipped. They are much brighter. Those cougar guys were very helpful with everything.

Hi, thanks for posting this info. I'm very new to Mopars and I'm in the process of buying a '68 satellite / GTX clone convertible with a 440. The speedometer stopped working 2 months ago, the turn signals don't work and the emergency brake is not hooked up at present. Everything else is pretty good though. I'll need help with those things when I get the car. Can't wait!

Auto Transport Service
Back