• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Plymouth satellite dash

scottmann27

Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
IMAG0213.jpg
OK on our 68 satellite dash the insert where most are wood grain ours is black? blue interior two tone, no wood grain anywhere so. I'm thinking sport package am i thinking right? Also had rear window defogger? not sure has 273CI engine. would or could it be a sport with that engine?

I believe you have a standard Satellite (not Sport Satelite, no wood grain dash) with an older engine in it. I believe the 318 came out in '68 for Satellites, so a 273 would be an older engine. (or VERY early 1968 I suppose).

Mid size Five options & Spec.s

this was from a Plymouth brochure early in the 1968 model year,
didn't have the RR's HT's in it even yet

they did show a 273 available

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #8 midsize 5 accessary groups.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #5 midsize 5 dimensions.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #3 instrument panel.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #4 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #7 midsize 5 weights.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #9 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #10 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #11 Belvedere GTX Satellite options accessaries.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #12 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #13 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

Last edited:
my buddy has an original 68 coronet with a 273.
its the 2 bbl hydraulic lifter version,prolly what the Op has.

Thanks guys
I know i like the black better that the wood grain. but previous owner broke the part around the radio. so i will be looking for that. I drove to work today. I may try to get a picture of the fender tag and see if i get some help with the decode of that

the car shows being bought on oct. 19 1967 to one Mrs Lola Taylor. from Baker motor co greenville sc

I believe you have a standard Satellite (not Sport Satelite, no wood grain dash) with an older engine in it. I believe the 318 came out in '68 for Satellites, so a 273 would be an older engine. (or VERY early 1968 I suppose).
IMG_1651 (2).JPG

Can you help me with a situation. I have 68 Plymouth Satellite which I think the turn signal flasher is bad. I am trying to replace it but finding it difficult to find a flasher that is the same as i have. The picture above shows the flasher. Any clue to where i can get this?
Also how the heck to you do a new post on this site. I am new to it and just can't figure out how to ask questions and then post them for a reply.

View attachment 410341
Can you help me with a situation. I have 68 Plymouth Satellite which I think the turn signal flasher is bad. I am trying to replace it but finding it difficult to find a flasher that is the same as i have. The picture above shows the flasher. Any clue to where i can get this?
Also how the heck to you do a new post on this site. I am new to it and just can't figure out how to ask questions and then post them for a reply.

I believe what's in your picture is a headlight delay relay (if it's silver, round and about 2" long). You can actually get a flasher that works (not original) at any AutoZone, NAPA, Advance, O'Reilly, etc. If I remember right, I think your turn signal flasher & emergency flasher are "stock" mounted up under the lower lip of the dash near your left shin (as you sit in the driver's seat)....kinda awkward.... or they may just be hanging loose in that area.

Oh yeah, to post a new question. Log in. Click "forums" in top left. Pick the right forum for your question and go in there. You'll see all the related posts for that forum. Look for a smaller icon towards the top of that list of topics that says "start new topic" or "start new thread" or something like that & you'll figure out the rest no problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back