• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 RR Emergency brake

MoparMitch

Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a lower grommet in the splash shield area of the left front fender where the front em brk cable goes to the rear ? Been a while since I dissassebled this car, I have checked my literature and pics of other cars, cant tell. I have the upper grommet in place. Thanks for the help. Mitch

Mitch,

There's a grommet where the cable runs out from the ebrake assembly to outside of the cabin. The cable itself does not run through the actual splash shield, but out from the outer left side of the firewall (cable runs down in between the firewall and splash shield)

I don't think there was one on my car but I will get one because the edges are pretty sharp. I can take a photo of the gromets and holes to show where I mean.

Looks like this.. About 1" DIA.

102-EBCG.jpg

Bought mine at Megaparts

Mitch,

There's a grommet where the cable runs out from the ebrake assembly to outside of the cabin. The cable itself does not run through the actual splash shield, but out from the outer left side of the firewall (cable runs down in between the firewall and splash shield)

Yup got same grommet installed from cabin exit. There is another hole lower just inside of the splash shield that the cable must go though inorder to reach next location . Thats the hole/grommet if there is one , that im asking about.

I've never seen a B body with a grommet in that hole.

I took a picture that shows the upper and lower hole, I don´t think there was a grommet in the lower but I will put one there due to the sharp edges in the hole, mayby it is to overdo it but better safe then sorry.

Attachments

• holes.JPG
    holes.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 143
Thanks Prop and Swede , Thats what I thought, I'm just trying to make it as original as possible. I might even fab my own grommet. As you said Swede it's a sharp edge.

Auto Transport Service
Back