• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 RT Charger

273.jpg

274.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

269.jpg

270.jpg

272.jpg

Not to be picky, but the holes on horizontal portion of the valance are for 1969 back up lights. Other than that, I approve. :D
Ha! I realized that on my '68 restoration AFTER the paint job. I had to weld them up, skim coat and re-shoot the valance. That just about did me in.

280.jpg

Getting ready to fire up the 440, hopefully get the cam broke in with out any drama

Fantastic project! This is the exact color and trim package my father bought new in '68. I searched high and low to replicate that car but eventually settled for an already restored red. Congrats on the progress, your motivation and persistence is to be commended!

Making some progress. Engines in, working on the wiring and built out the front suspension.

282.jpg

288.jpg

294.jpg

296.jpg

298.jpg

Not to be picky, but the holes on horizontal portion of the valance are for 1969 back up lights. Other than that, I approve. :D
That's some info it would have been nice to have before the color was laid down..

Looks Awesome!!!! The serious fun starts now...

Who did the chrome & pot metal work on your taillights?
A shop in El Paso, not sure if they're still around though. I had them re-worked back around 2007... sorry brother but this has been quite the project.

305.jpg
306 - Copy.jpg
308.jpg
309.jpg
311.jpg
312.jpg
313.jpg
314.jpg

Getting to bolt more and more stuff on... nice to see my basement starting to look like there wasn't a Charger blown up down there

Thanks for posting. I like the steering wheel and the steering column connector with the snap ring. That makes a lot of sense to me and it is easier than messing with those aluminum tabs over the rubber seal. Let me know when you install the window regulators and the weather stripping around the rear quarter glass. I have to remove one more broken bolt (glass retainer) and then I am ready to start that install.

IMG_5651.JPG

Thanks for posting. I like the steering wheel and the steering column connector with the snap ring. That makes a lot of sense to me and it is easier than messing with those aluminum tabs over the rubber seal. Let me know when you install the window regulators and the weather stripping around the rear quarter glass. I have to remove one more broken bolt (glass retainer) and then I am ready to start that install.

View attachment 1485710
Damn brother ain't no flies on that beauty :thumbsup: I'll be moving on to the glass install once I hang the doors...I'll keep you posted

Thanks. Like your project, mine has been apart for years. I think I had it 17 years before i hit the body and paint in 2021.

I'm done with the Dana (3:54). I had a spare set of 68 factory disc's, so like my GTX, I installed them. In retrospect, I should have just done a conversion kit but I like the originality and frankly, I have very few complaints with the set up on the GTX.

thanks again.

Car looks great. I’m curious about the wood grain dash. Is that original or just your preference?

Car looks great. I’m curious about the wood grain dash. Is that original or just your preference?
Thanks brother. The dash was in the car when I bought it 36 yrs ago. From what I understand that style of insert didn’t come out until 69.

Auto Transport Service
Back