• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Sport Satellite itasha?

68SS

Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
Hello guys I am new here,

Quick question, will i be shot on sight if i make my 68 ht satellite sport an itasha?
Seems like my restoration is close to finish line installing interior atm and only needs the hood painted and then wrapped with anime chicks to be complete

Car is not fast realy so idk about if these "race" livery is abit weird, but it has some work done on the drivetrain atleast.. well not like im in america anyway so probably you cant shoot me dead unless you send ballistic missile on mi ***

Greetings from finland!

Ps. Itasha is "painful car" basically just cartoon chicks wrapped over, I guess this type of "tuning" is not typical on classic muscle cars

Greetings! Chicks are cool! Other than that I don't know what your asking!

Welcome!
At first I thought you meant Itasca
f7bed90db385248392da197f72124648.jpg

Welcome from the central coast of Cali. Maybe you can have your ex PM do a strip tease dance by it.

IMG_4149.jpeg

I had to look it up...
Apparently "Itasha" is some manner of Japan thing in which a car is wrapped with anime cartoon
characters, like this:
ousuke_fd3s_ap1-1024x683.jpeg
Well, a '68 Plymouth first of all isn't anywhere near a JDM machine, of course...
Secondly, it is your car to do with as you please, also of course...

But if you're asking for opinions, allow me to be the first:
oh hell no.gif
Show the damn car some respect, please.

Welcome from the central coast of Cali. Maybe you can have your ex PM do a strip tease dance by it.

View attachment 1581387
Cheers, weather seems nice they were threatening about -50C/-58F on the news here for next week .. Otherwise thats not bad idea haha i think shes fairly busy but i heard shes single now

I had to look it up...
Apparently "Itasha" is some manner of Japan thing in which a car is wrapped with anime cartoon
characters, like this:
View attachment 1581397
Well, a '68 Plymouth first of all isn't anywhere near a JDM machine, of course...
Secondly, it is your car to do with as you please, also of course...

But if you're asking for opinions, allow me to be the first:
View attachment 1581398
Show the damn car some respect, please.
Its over for me already, the car was originally qq1 blue but it had nice sales color with overspray on everything.. Anyways found correct mix for qq1 from local paint supplier but was more fond of the 68 ff1 light green. Couldnt find the correct formula for that, lost in time i guess so went with LADA light green !
Its kinda mashed together anyway with 69 grille etc no matching drivetrain so was thinking wrapping the hood.. But wrapping the wholle car is abit too much, i like the color and smooth body lines without trim to butcher it complitely

Hello guys I am new here,

Quick question, will i be shot on sight if i make my 68 ht satellite sport an itasha?
Seems like my restoration is close to finish line installing interior atm and only needs the hood painted and then wrapped with anime chicks to be complete

Car is not fast realy so idk about if these "race" livery is abit weird, but it has some work done on the drivetrain atleast.. well not like im in america anyway so probably you cant shoot me dead unless you send ballistic missile on mi ***

Greetings from finland!

Ps. Itasha is "painful car" basically just cartoon chicks wrapped over, I guess this type of "tuning" is not typical on classic muscle cars
Welcome from NJ! I vote no wraps.
IMG_4422.png
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3817.gif
IMG_3677.gif
IMG_3296.gif
IMG_3259.gif
IMG_3220.gif
IMG_2869.gif
IMG_3195.gif
IMG_3156.gif

Welcome from New Zealand.

I'm sure itasha has its place but not on a beautiful '68 Satellite. But imagine cruising the streets of Finland in this chick magnet!

images-5.jpeg

200w.gif

Last edited:
Welcome from New Zealand.

I'm sure itasha has its place but not on a beautiful '68 Satellite. But imagine cruising the streets of Finland in this chick magnet!

View attachment 1581936

View attachment 1581944
I like the nascar style too, actualy watched one youtube clip just recently that they paint the roof with textured paint to try to reduce drag, who knows if that worked tho haha!

My car is just 318 with your basic bolt ons, decked and homeported heads and transgo kit 904, so sticker bombing it might not be best idea.. Put some 3.55 gears and lunchbox on the rear tho and has torque cam so it could still be fun to lay it down from standstill im guessing

Cool GTX you have there! Think it is Jamaica blue, one shade darker from "my" electric blue?

Does the matt black on the hood help with sun glare at all, not that we get too much sunshine here in Finland anyways even in the summer.. As they say here "the summer is short but hardly snowy"

Like the no trim on your gtx, I really prefer the 68 gtx/sport satellite interior woodgrain and trunk finish panel too!

Auto Transport Service
Back