• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 weight..

beanhead

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Just an FYI for ya, and to shut my fordrolet buddies up about "my big heavy dodge.." (they swear these cars are 4000lbs) I weighed my car, on a certified scale and it was 3440 without me in it..68 Satellite AS IT IS NOW= no carpet, no a/c or heater and no hood yet..no spare tire in the trunk. Has a 440 with edelbrock heads and RPM intake, aluminum water pump&housing, demon carb, old hooker headers, powermaster starter. Power steering, steel driveline, 8-3/4 sure grip, manual disc/drum brakes on 15x6 & 15x8 steelies. I have two front buckets from an '03 stratus sxt coupe and the factory 68 rear seat, rest of the body is all original steel and both original chrome bumpers are on.....so, even when I add my fiberglass hood and carpet+insulator (a few more lbs) it's gonna be much lighter than even I thought it would.....take that full-frame losers! (they do have less chance of twisting into a pretzel but that's for another thread...)

On GYC they weighed a Daytona vs a Hellcat the Daytona was lighter. All be it had way less HP but the hellcat was like a few hundred pounds more.

From what I understand the newschool challengers are 4000+....that's why they had to make the hellcat & now demon with all that power....I really think a Chrysler exec got beat one too many times by a mustang/camaro and decided to nuke 'em...

The Demon only has one seat i think. I had a Dakota R/T that pig weighed a little over 4300ish pounds. 245 hp 360

Last edited:
I believe my GTX is about 3600 all in. Not to bad for such a big car aye..

68 charger complete (as from factory) with spare tire and jack and full of fuel. Weighed 3770. My 300 C comes in at 4700. So these so called cheaper built cars of today out weigh there older counter part cars. (most of them)

Crazy, huh...so mine's been on a little bit of a diet but still...a young guy at work has a fancy toyota, I think it's a supra...racy lookin little car, he (reluctantly) told me the curb weight is a shade over 3500lbs....oh there was 15-16 gallons of gas in my car when I weighed it too

68 charger complete (as from factory) with spare tire and jack and full of fuel. Weighed 3770.
My 69 Charger RT weighs 3940. It does have a Dana, 18 spline 4-speed, and 15x10 rear wheels for added weight. Has aluminum heads and intake as well as headers that should cut off at least 50-60 pounds. Still didn't think it would be that much more than yours. My 69 Road Runner weighs 3650.

My 69 Charger RT weighs 3940. It does have a Dana, 18 spline 4-speed, and 15x10 rear wheels for added weight. Has aluminum heads and intake as well as headers that should cut off at least 50-60 pounds. Still didn't think it would be that much more than yours. My 69 Road Runner weighs 3650.
So many variables to consider on weight. Disc or power drum brakes , air conditioning , wheels , tires even under coating can add weight. The dana is a lot heavier than a 8 3/4 and has larger axels. But they all seem to run just under 4000.

69 Coronet R/T showed 4050 on the scale at LVMS. That's with me in it at around 200. So 3850 with road trip essentials like beer etc in the trunk. Headers and aluminum bell housing.

interesting comparing the new vs old cars. ever looked at two parked together at about stock ride? the older cars are way shorter.used to road race a 68 charger way back in the day.got it down to 3100 pounds.great to see the face of a porche driver after you pass him on the inside of a turn with a car 3 times as long as his.

My Camry weights 3400 lbs. my belvedere is heavier but I'd bet not by much.

Auto Transport Service
Back