• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger brake pedal Switch - Positive or negative output

Kennith

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
The 69 Charger I have is mostly a bare shell since I got it.

I have a brake pedal switch but only parts of a wire harness.

I am doing a Hellcat swap and I need to run a negative output from the brake pedal switch when the brake pedal is pressed to start the car.

Does the original factory harness have a negative output or positive output to activate the brake lights?

Pink wire on the switch is 12 volts when you press the brake it sends 12v to the white wire. Download the schematics for your car here.

https://www.mymopar.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/1969Wiring.zip ChargerA and ChargerB are the schematics you will look for it pretty much has all Mopars for 1969 in that file. The ChargerB shows you the brake light switch. Basically shows the Pink wire getting a hot from the fuse panel.

Use a Cruise control brake switch.. It'll have the normal 12v contacts for the brake lights plus a set of dry contacts that could be used for your ground signal..

Best deal I found...

Last edited:
You could also use a relay, powered by brake lamp switch output with contacts fed to computer and a good ground.
Mike

Might consider this. Standard sls134. 25 bucks at rock auto.

SLS-134_Front.jpg

Use a Cruise control brake switch.. It'll have the normal 12v contacts for the brake lights plus a set of dry contacts that could be used for your ground signal..

Best deal I found...

I did not know they made a dual switch like this.

I am not sure I will use the original Mopar switch since it is so expensive compared to the others but I like it.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back