• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger Dash Wiring Question

brivbguy3

Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
I am working thru some gremins in my dash wiring. This is a new harness and I have a few questions I was hoping you folks could help with.
I have 3 connectors near my glove box that I am not sure what they are.

1. 3 blade connector with 2 black and 2 yellow wires (they connect to the same blade on the plug) One of the blacks comes from fuse box. The other black goes to a single blade gray male connector. One yellow then goes to the passenger door jamb switch. The other yellow connects to a yellow wire coming from behind radio (cant tell how far it goes). Clearly this is part of dome light wiring, but what are the 2 connectors.

2. The third connector is a black female single blade connector joins harness behind cig lighter. It is grounded and was thinking it matches the gray one above, but didnt want to connect without knowing what they grey was.

The last question is what plugs into the 3 bullet connector on the harness. Right now I only have the cig lighter light connected.

As far as i can tell the only things not working at the moment is the map and glove box light.

Sorry for the long post, but I am lost at the moment.

20220905_112100.jpg

That black plug should go to a relay on the lower dash rail left of the glove box. The relay is a buzzer that alerts you when you leave the headlights on when opening the door.

The single connector should have a male connector that plugs into it.

No idea of what bullet connector you are talking about.

Map and glove box are on the same circuit. Pink is constant 12 volts fused. Yellow's are the controlled grounds to complete the circuit.

1. 3 blade connector with 2 black and 2 yellow wires (they connect to the same blade on the plug) One of the blacks comes from fuse box. The other black goes to a single blade gray male connector. One yellow then goes to the passenger door jamb switch. The other yellow connects to a yellow wire coming from behind radio (cant tell how far it goes). Clearly this is part of dome light wiring, but what are the 2 connectors.
Door Buzzer

2. The third connector is a black female single blade connector joins harness behind cig lighter. It is grounded and was thinking it matches the gray one above, but didn't want to connect without knowing what they grey was.
IS your car a non A/C car? Might be for the heater blower

The last question is what plugs into the 3 bullet connector on the harness. Right now I only have the cig lighter light connected.
You plug your ashtray light into it

As far as i can tell the only things not working at the moment is the map and glove box light.

I'll need to confirm on my wiring diagram, Do you have a test light to check for power on each one? Test each one before connecting to see if there is power.
If you need a color diagram photo, I think there is a link

Thanks so much for the information. The buzzer is missing, so I would never realized it was missing. Time to start the hunt for a replacement. With that info, i think that answers my other question with the single blade connectors, as they must be the ground side of the buzzer. So that is all 3 connectors.

Where did glove box get its power from originally. I realize I can grab power (constant or ignition if i want) from anywhere, but where did it originally come from?

As for the 3 bullet connections, here is a pic.

Thanks again, justtrying to take my time and hunt down all these gremlins before they cause issues.

This site is amazing and all the knowledge shared is incredible.

20220905_131348.jpg

20220905_131348.jpg

20220905_133635.jpg

You can use the 3 bullet plug for lights.
Do you have A01 on your fender tag?

Thanks, I think i will run my glove box and ignition light if it is not already hooked up.
Yes, my fender tag has A01- Light package.

Thanks again for everyone's time and info.

I am super irritated, I can't find my color diagram.

Thanks, I think i will run my glove box and ignition light if it is not already hooked up.
Yes, my fender tag has A01- Light package.

Thanks again for everyone's time and info.
Glove box you want on the pink wire. Thats 12 volt hot. The ashtray light is to go to the 3 pin bullet and orange [dim-able] circuit.

Get that color coded wiring diagram. They are cheap enough.

Here is my dash when I was restoring it. You can see the pink wire coming from a piggyback spade connector in the fuse block and going over the glove box to the glove box light.

100_1906.JPG

Thanks so much for the information. The buzzer is missing, so I would never realized it was missing. Time to start the hunt for a replacement. With that info, i think that answers my other question with the single blade connectors, as they must be the ground side of the buzzer. So that is all 3 connectors.

Where did glove box get its power from originally. I realize I can grab power (constant or ignition if i want) from anywhere, but where did it originally come from?

As for the 3 bullet connections, here is a pic.

Thanks again, justtrying to take my time and hunt down all these gremlins before they cause issues.

This site is amazing and all the knowledge shared is incredible.

View attachment 1338231

View attachment 1338235

View attachment 1338236
[i think that answers my other question with the single blade connectors, as they must be the ground side of the buzzer.] The buzzer circuit ground is the yellow wire. It does not need any other grounds and it does not need to be case grounded. Grounds when the door is opened. The three wires are yellow switched ground, 12 volt constant hot, and the last is a light on wire I assume from the park light circuit. I would have to look in my manual to confirm.

I have been reviewing the wiring diagram in the service manual and I am not seeing the buzzer listed. Maybe I am going cross eyed.

So the buzzer connector(3 blades) has 4 wires coming from it. 1 is black with tracer from fuse block, 2 yellows join together and 1 black goes to a gray single male blade connector (which is grounded) but not connected to anything.

I did find a single black female connector (not sure color at the moment), I will have to see if there is power on it or ground.

For the glove box, I will take directly to the fuse box.

What else typically connects to the dimmer "3 bullet connector"? Speaking of anyone know what that connector "male" is called. My normal bullet.connectors dont fit.

Thanks again for eveyones time and patience.

I have been reviewing the wiring diagram in the service manual and I am not seeing the buzzer listed. Maybe I am going cross eyed.

So the buzzer connector(3 blades) has 4 wires coming from it. 1 is black with tracer from fuse block, 2 yellows join together and 1 black goes to a gray single male blade connector (which is grounded) but not connected to anything.

I did find a single black female connector (not sure color at the moment), I will have to see if there is power on it or ground.

For the glove box, I will take directly to the fuse box.

What else typically connects to the dimmer "3 bullet connector"? Speaking of anyone know what that connector "male" is called. My normal bullet.connectors dont fit.

Thanks again for eveyones time and patience.
[[[[[So the buzzer connector(3 blades) has 4 wires coming from it. 1 is black with tracer from fuse block, 2 yellows join together and 1 black goes to a gray single male blade connector (which is grounded) but not connected to anything.]]]]]] Once again. Yellow is your switched ground. THERE IS NO OTHER GROUND TO THIS BUZZER. Black with a tracer is 12 volt hot from the fuse panel. The other black plugs into a circuit that is off the headlight switch terminal R as I recall. This wire will be hot when the headlamp switch is turned on.

Thanks all, I hope to get back at it this weekend and i believe I have some things to check. One being a missing connection to a headlight switch and the other being a connection for the ignition light.

Somewhat related, yet unrelated. Having a hard time finding replacement buzzer by part no for 69 Charger. I read somewhere that there are buzzers from other year, if I ignore the mounting bracket direction. Anyone know which years or part no are compatible?

Thanks again, you guys are amazing.

Thanks all, I hope to get back at it this weekend and i believe I have some things to check. One being a missing connection to a headlight switch and the other being a connection for the ignition light.

Somewhat related, yet unrelated. Having a hard time finding replacement buzzer by part no for 69 Charger. I read somewhere that there are buzzers from other year, if I ignore the mounting bracket direction. Anyone know which years or part no are compatible?

Thanks again, you guys are amazing.
Here is a picture I found on my car before I took it apart. You can see the harness with a black and a yellow wire heading to the left side. The yellow goes into the left door jamb switch circuit and the other black is going to go to a connector that is on the front parking light circuit. There will be a connector somewhere by the headlight switch area.

100_0443zzzz.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back