• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 charger resto

cowboys&cars

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
this is what I started with now all I have to do is learn how to post pics

Attachments

• GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    4 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_0207 (1).jpg
    IMG_0207 (1).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 431
Looks like fun! It should buff out nice! What's the story on it? Looks like someone started on it at one time.

well the story starts out by a client wanted me to build him a resto mod of a general lee and we had to find a car to start from so i looked all over and everything was either done or almost and would just be a shame to rip a finished car apart and start over so i found a car that needed a little help lol after a little thought and things we decided that we would change our plans and do a 6.1 hemi with a 6 speed manual tranny 4 link rear end and a complete srt interior and a viper snakeskin green paint scheme going to be amazing when i figure out how to put more pics up in my post i will show the progress

WOW!! I was just complaining about the temperature here in South Louisiana when it got into the 40's!! Good luck and would love to see more pics.

into the shop IMG_0308.jpgIMG_0309.jpgIMG_0310.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

lol I am in Canada it can get crappy..

- - - Updated - - -

it begins

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 373
  • harolds phone sept 14 126.jpg
    harolds phone sept 14 126.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 363
  • harolds phone sept 14 127.jpg
    harolds phone sept 14 127.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 363
  • harolds phone sept 14 128.jpg
    harolds phone sept 14 128.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 357
  • harolds phone sept 14 136.jpg
    harolds phone sept 14 136.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 347
  • harolds phone sept 14 187.jpg
    harolds phone sept 14 187.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 356
I will be following this one for sure. I am also in Canada and my 69 charger is in about the same condition. Good luck with the build!

Good luck u got more guts than me to take on such a project keep up the good work

WHAT THE !!!!!!
No frame jig?????
You must know what your doing!:notworthy:
And I thought I was crazy, WOW!

WHAT THE !!!!!!
No frame jig?????
You must know what your doing!:notworthy:
And I thought I was crazy, WOW!

I agree Don, I have been on the edge of my seat a little for months wondering where to start on mine. This work is awesome reminds me of yours to some degree. Glad to see there is more people crazy enough to bring these back from the brink of non existence!

thanks your right no frame jig and yes been doing it for a while in 30 some odd years only had 1 on rotisserie which I hated and 2 on a frame jig so from there I said no more crawling under over or around jigs lol so I usually build the bottom platform first fit the top and then start welding assemble measure disassemble measure and repeat lol..

Great work! What will you do about the rusty parts that you're leaving on, roof frame, etc.?

Great work! What will you do about the rusty parts that you're leaving on, roof frame, etc.?

before i put the roof and 1/4 panels on i will sandblast the rusted areas and epoxy prime and paint them .. seam seal the outer wheel well areas and also the inside of the rocker and rear window areas

Auto Transport Service
Back