• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Car - resto mod: '71 Charger SE

Austin,
Thanks for response and your photo . . . my project was much easier. I bought the car from the original owner 27,000 miles, stored winters. I kept up the storage: 47,000 miles now.

Originally it came w 383, 2BBL, single exhaust, 727 w the shift on column & 1,000 rpm stall, 8 1/4" rear w . . . 2.72? gears. It couldn't get out of it's own way or spin a tire but it shifted into 3rd gear at 90mph :)

I'll attached that original photo - I hope I don't piss anyone off that I made so many changes to a bone stock car w original paint, but I wanted more.

The 5 speed behind that many horses now is so much fun. My wife paid me the biggest complement: 'Is it supposed to make that much noise and jerk so much?' (She doesn't ride w me so much anymore :) )

(I've kept all of the original parts. On my death someone can put this back to matching numbers.)

Be Good,
Greg

71 charger.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back