• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Car - resto mod: '71 Charger SE

Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
In '81, when I was 18, I kept running into old timers who wished they kept their first car. Now that I'm an old timer - I'm appreciative of their comments and happy I kept my '71 Charger. This was a 4 year resto-mod.

Numbers:
383 bored and stroked to 413 w comp cam 270 and Holley Sniper EFI w Hyper spark distributor
Tremec 5 speed manual to 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears (1,700 RPM @ 60 mph)
Custom Center Console w Cherry accents, Pioneer head unit w 7 speakers and backup camera.
Paint - 2 component 'Golden Bronze' over black
$ ??? . . . I'm fortunate I already owned the car. :) (Time and Money - that's all it takes.)

I'm happy to be part of this group. I'll have questions on tuning/timing and I have lots of opinions on the Sniper set up.

Greg

Charger engine Drive.jpg

charger inside drive.jpg

20230616_173720.jpg

In '81, when I was 18, I kept running into old timers who wished they kept their first car. Now that I'm an old timer - I'm appreciative of their comments and happy I kept my '71 Charger. This was a 4 year resto-mod.

Numbers:
383 bored and stroked to 413 w comp cam 270 and Holley Sniper EFI w Hyper spark distributor
Tremec 5 speed manual to 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears (1,700 RPM @ 60 mph)
Custom Center Console w Cherry accents, Pioneer head unit w 7 speakers and backup camera.
Paint - 2 component 'Golden Bronze' over black
$ ??? . . . I'm fortunate I already owned the car. :) (Time and Money - that's all it takes.)

I'm happy to be part of this group. I'll have questions on tuning/timing and I have lots of opinions on the Sniper set up.

Greg

View attachment 1580978

View attachment 1580979

View attachment 1580994
Sweet ride! Welcome neighbor! I too was 18 in 81. Unfortunately I wasn't wise enough to hold onto my first Mopar, a 69 GTX that I bought from it's original owner at 20 years old

Very nice!! Like a faithful and trusted old friend! Thanks for your intro and photos . . .

Welcome (1)c.jpg

Bitchin ride! Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_4149.jpeg

Absolutely stunning car. I too have a 71 Charger except mine is a POS with a long road ahead of me. Welcome from Prescott, Arizona

Welcome from Alabama, glad you made that 71 what you wanted.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

make sure to check out the Resto-Mod & Pro-Touring forum section here
also the Racers Hangout Forum/s, lots of great tuning tips & ideas

Welcome from the middle of the pacific ocean

Welcome from Cleveland OH! I remember hearing the stories also, now Im telling them lol. Nice ride....mine is 71 also. Owned 20yrs, finished in the last 5yrs
20230929_132529.jpg

Greetings from north central IL. Nice SE. Good work. These are the best driving platforms.
By the way is your car an E code plant build? (L.A.plant). This is my '71 SE on the way home from the hills of Nevada. Very solid car.

.img001 (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back