• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger RT 440/727 - How Long Should Stock Sway Bar Links Be?

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
The ones on the car are 6" bolts. They are old, but not sure if original. Rebuild kit comes with 8" bolts and a +2 inch longer spacer, so the bar will hang 2 inches lower.

I want the car to maintain stock appearance and the 8" bolts just don't look right to me.

Can anyone tell me definitively what the original sway bar end link bolt length is on 69 Charger RT?

Wont be able to measure till later today but these are the stock links. Should have a nut on each end, Not just a bolt & nut & spacer....

1713950950140.png

Sway Bar End Links 1967-69 A/B-Body Front and 1970-74 E-Body Rear, Sway Bar Bushings/End Links/Hardware, 101-5188 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

Ok, mine are bolts so they are not original. They also appear to be shorter than those. The spacers in the middle of mine are only 1-5/8" long. Interesting.

Mine didn't come with sway bar tabs so I bought weld on tabs from Bergman and welded them on my control arms. I was told by the guy at Bergman told me the legs of the sway bar at ride height should be parallel with the strut rod or at least as parallel as possible.
That's how I'm plan to set mine up as soon as I put it back together. Plus I bought aftermarket urethane links from Energy Suspension.

I was told by the guy at Bergman told me the legs of the sway bar at ride height should be parallel with the strut rod or at least as parallel as possible.
That's how I'm going to set mine up as soon as I put it back together.

I suppose that makes sense, but I'm only interested in the original factory length, right or wrong.

7” in length total…. Nut on each end. No spacer. It is built into the rod as seen in the pic below and of the kit from MegaParts

IMG_6276.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back