• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 coronet 500 convertible. 4 Speed with air..

69rag500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
Just some pics of my car finally getting started. Factory 4 speed with air. Blue with blue and white interior..

Attachments

• 69 rag tail panel install 027.jpg
    69 rag tail panel install 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,321
  • 69 rag trunk install finish 014.jpg
    69 rag trunk install finish 014.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,243
  • rag quarters start _ ron 029.jpg
    rag quarters start _ ron 029.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,198
  • rag quarters start _ ron 017.jpg
    rag quarters start _ ron 017.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,222
  • rag quarters start _ ron 025.jpg
    rag quarters start _ ron 025.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,121
That is going to be a sweet ride! Great project, Good luck with it.. Looks like good weather where your at, sorry just sulking over this bone chilling cold here lol :)

I can't wait to see more of this one.. love those big ole B Body convertibles :headbang:

Car looks like it will be fantastic. Good to see another one in B.C. I'm in Victoria, 69 Coronet 500 with air... Now R/T clone with 440 6 pack... I will send you a P M Peter.

"Very nice" that should be a real head turner when it's done. What all did Mopar do different to the convertibles to compensate for there being no roof? Sorry, never got to look at one and am just curious. Congrats "it looks great".

Just some pics of my car finally getting started. Factory 4 speed with air. Blue with blue and white interior..

Awesome car you have there please keep us updated. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your progress

"Very nice" that should be a real head turner when it's done. What all did Mopar do different to the convertibles to compensate for there being no roof? Sorry, never got to look at one and am just curious. Congrats "it looks great".

Frame connectors like Hemi cars and massive steel angle iron in the rocker panels .. probably other stuff too but that's the main diff.

That 4th picture! Sweet. Muscle. Coke-Bottle. Stuff of Legend.

Convertibles are so cool and it looks like you have a solid base to work with. good luck with it and post lots of pics of the restoration!

Nice! Not many 4-speed convertibles still around.
My '69 Vert is a R/T 440 4-speed car, but not numbers matching when I bought it, so now it has a 505" stroker and 5-speed OD transmission.

Nice! Not many 4-speed convertibles still around.
My '69 Vert is a R/T 440 4-speed car, but not numbers matching when I bought it, so now it has a 505" stroker and 5-speed OD transmission.

Well, let's see it!

it will be an awesome ride....:happy7:

I would put the "air" on the shelf:eusa_think:...drop the top....But that is me , old school Sonny.

451mopar dude. Car looks great. Mine is a few years away to look like that. I am changing a few things on my car then what it came stock with. I wont be putting lower trim with black paint below. I am a fan of keeping thing stock but built a few cars that way and need a change of pace. I am also no painting it 69 B5 blue. Im going 2010 B5 blue. Same as 2010 challenger. The rest will be stock. For all you tag info guys.
26 END
C16 C55 H51 M31 M33 R21
B5 B5 P6C B7 C17 108204
E63 D21 WP27 H9G 189765

451mopar dude. Car looks great. Mine is a few years away to look like that. I am changing a few things on my car then what it came stock with. I wont be putting lower trim with black paint below. I am a fan of keeping thing stock but built a few cars that way and need a change of pace. I am also no painting it 69 B5 blue. Im going 2010 B5 blue. Same as 2010 challenger. The rest will be stock. For all you tag info guys.
26 END
C16 C55 H51 M31 M33 R21
B5 B5 P6C B7 C17 108204
E63 D21 WP27 H9G 189765

Cool, same color code as mine.
Tag:
V8W 26 END
L31 M25 M31 N85 P31 R21
A01 A33 A62 C16 C55 G32
B5 B5 P6C B7 925 075652
E86 D21 WS27 L9G 131###

I left the last 3 of vin sequence off.

The body of my car is OK, it's the same as when I bought the car, but some rust is starting to show in the lower door and floor pan. Also, some old bodywork is looking rough in a few places. When I bought the car it had electrical issues and the fuel tank and lines had rust in them. As I mentioned, it was not numbers matching, it did have a 1970 440 HP2 engine (stock), with a partial VIN# 0A193407. The transmission was an A-833 from a Road Runner (I think), the transmission VIN # on it was RS23L9G157135.

The Engine in the car now is a 1969 Block stroked to 505", ant the transmission is the new Keisler SS700 5-speed. This summer I had to send the trans back to have it fixed, and when waiting for that, started installing the EFI and Tru-Track system with A/C. I still need to put together the rest of the A/C system, most likely a Vintage Air setup. Then I may need to get rid of the 4-wheel manual brakes :)

Alright - another convertible on this site to follow along with the progress ! ! YAY ! ! !

You're starting point is WAY better than what I started with . . . but I've fixed most of that "mess" and I'm on my way to rebuilding ! ! !

Please keep us posted with your progress - and that means LOTS of pictures too !

Cool, same color code as mine.
Tag:
V8W 26 END
L31 M25 M31 N85 P31 R21
A01 A33 A62 C16 C55 G32
B5 B5 P6C B7 925 075652
E86 D21 WS27 L9G 131###

I left the last 3 of vin sequence off.

The body of my car is OK, it's the same as when I bought the car, but some rust is starting to show in the lower door and floor pan. Also, some old bodywork is looking rough in a few places. When I bought the car it had electrical issues and the fuel tank and lines had rust in them. As I mentioned, it was not numbers matching, it did have a 1970 440 HP2 engine (stock), with a partial VIN# 0A193407. The transmission was an A-833 from a Road Runner (I think), the transmission VIN # on it was RS23L9G157135.

The Engine in the car now is a 1969 Block stroked to 505", ant the transmission is the new Keisler SS700 5-speed. This summer I had to send the trans back to have it fixed, and when waiting for that, started installing the EFI and Tru-Track system with A/C. I still need to put together the rest of the A/C system, most likely a Vintage Air setup. Then I may need to get rid of the 4-wheel manual brakes :)

FYI the VIN on the 833 is a 69 440 GTX built in STL

They all have front and rear torque boxes and the rockers are reinforced.

Nice car 69rag500.

Car was in ruff shape before these pics.

Alright - another convertible on this site to follow along with the progress ! ! YAY ! ! !

You're starting point is WAY better than what I started with . . . but I've fixed most of that "mess" and I'm on my way to rebuilding ! ! !

Please keep us posted with your progress - and that means LOTS of pictures too !

My car was in need of complete floor pan, trunk pan, outer wheel wells, trunk extensions,full quarters.
Frame rail were great,front clip was great,rear seat area and part of the upper trunk area was good.

- - - Updated - - -

500 rag july 3 2012 002.jpg500 rag july 3 2012 014.jpgrag back half &floor weld (8).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My Pictures_0678.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Had fun with friends car i did with 1 of 1 440 six pack roadrunners. Runs on 5.0 alcohol.

Last edited:
That looks nice. The passenger side floor pan on my car has a few small rust holes, and the trunk had been replaced with a two piece trunk floor some time before I bought the car. I am planning on doing all the body work after getting all the mechanical upgrades installed/working, so I am not cutting and modifying on new paint

Auto Transport Service
Back