• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 coronet 500 convertible. 4 Speed with air..

Awesome car you have there please keep us updated. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your progress

Frame connectors like Hemi cars and massive steel angle iron in the rocker panels .. probably other stuff too but that's the main diff.

Where the door meets the quarter panel was different in the rag tops making a more solid connection with the quarter panel than the hard tops. Look just above the door latch.

Photo from RK Motors:

Coronet rag top.jpg

Coronet rag top.jpg

nice looking rag top :headbang:

Nice work on the floor:clap:.

My car was in need of complete floor pan, trunk pan, outer wheel wells, trunk extensions,full quarters.
Frame rail were great,front clip was great,rear seat area and part of the upper trunk area was good.

Now THAT looks more familiar to what I started with 69rag500 . . . good job on the floor replacement ! ! ! Keep up the great work too !

More pics. Could not find clean doors so bought some AMD doors. rag new doors 002.jpgrag new doors 003.jpgrag new doors 006.jpgBeer fridge 007.jpg Pic.of my pistol grip beer fridge.....Took the old handle off and installed the pistol grip.

The doors look like they fit good! I did not know they even sold whole doors?

Doors are good. They cost a bit of money but i saved money on body work.

How much? I'm really curious because my doors are showing rust bubbles in the lower corners under the paint.

They list at $650.00 My friend is a AMD Dealer here in canada. He got the doors for me at $450.00 a piece. look for a AMD dealer in your town, maybe a hot rod shop parts supplier or call them direct. Im sure you can get the doors cheaper then $650.00 Cheers

Update on 69 rag 500 vert.

Pics of back half in primer. April it should be in paint..69 rag quarters primed 006.jpg69 rag quarters primed 013.jpg69 rag quarters primed 014.jpg

At the risk of stepping on my schwantz, I was of the opinion that all Coronet 500's had the faux third tail light as pictured below. Am I all wet here ...?dodge__coronet_500_1969_5_lgw.jpg

At the risk of stepping on my schwantz, I was of the opinion that all Coronet 500's had the faux third tail light as pictured below. Am I all wet here ...?

Nope. That is the standard tail panel for the 500 and R/T.

The pic. above is right for 500 and RT models. I call it the 3rd eye panel. Superbee has plain panel with no middle eye, just 2 tail lights...Anyways

That's what I thought, just checking ...

Finally some colour along with frosty beers..

RMH Kitchen finised  -  Rag paint start 059.jpgRMH Kitchen finised  -  Rag paint start 053.jpgRMH Kitchen finised  -  Rag paint start 045.jpgRMH Kitchen finised  -  Rag paint start 044.jpgRMH Kitchen finised  -  Rag paint start 020.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back