• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet R/T. Can’t find the TS Flaser

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
Under Dash. Where is it. This is growing legs. Can it be buried behind the aftermarket ac components?
Had a couple fires etc over the years. Looks like a spaghetti explosion. I knew if it was disturbed there would be hell to pay. Can’t find it.

7A27960A-724B-4AE9-A52C-1A83E8385D6D.png

213AEEA3-F332-456B-BD3D-BF08C87687FD.png

Are you bringing the car later this month? If so, can do a dash dive and look.

It’s disassembled in the Shop. Crisis mode.

Both flashers mount to the ash tray bracket. So look in the center of the dash.

Sweep Speedo Dash may be different. Not there.

8CADC985-21D7-4506-81CE-BE165225BE0E.jpeg

One flasher is just under radio area...the other is to the left of the steering column a few inches. Both attach to bottom surface of dash frame.

Still looking. Found the hazard flasher. Thanks Bill.

785E6B36-0FF5-43A8-A2F9-B2F672DD3926.jpeg

D1884770-D945-489A-A1F6-A60FB102EBDC.jpeg

B095AE8D-230B-4B95-B141-389CB2C6F806.jpeg

3A566FB0-7F11-4C2A-BEE8-BD5F4FE761CC.jpeg

Last request. Flasher not found. Anyone have problems with the switch not related to flasher? Turn signal bulbs all four corners light and stay lit solid. Will not flash. Putting it together without repair to get it out of the shop. Thanks all for looking.

I had that happen on mine when a ground wire was found disconnected. I also replaced my steering column switch harness and it worked, so not sure which caused my issue, but my harness needed replaced due to broken plastic and not cancelling.

I'm curious and still watching this thread. Your symptom says the flasher circuit is shorted. I wonder what or where this device is and located.

I'll check the factory service manual tonight when I get home.

Okay. The best quality wiring diagram print out I have is for 1968 Belvedere & Satellite. I'm fairly confident this is good for a 69 Coronet, too.

Starting with the Turn Signal Switch 10 pin connector that is at the base of the steering column, a RED wire on PIN 2 should lead to the Turn Signal Flasher. There is ONLY ONE solid RED wire from that 10 pin connector, so that should be easy to trace. This RED wire is BETWEEN a LIGHT GREEN and TAN wire. The LIGHT GREEN wire is on the corner of the 10 PIN connector.

The ACC pin of the ignition switch feeds the Turn Signal Flasher 12V. It is a solid BLACK that is branched ALL OVER the dashboard. Tracing this path would be very difficult. I'll post a picture soon that should help.

Wire D2 18R which is SOLID RED connects to the flasher. This is the 10 pin connector at the base of the column for the turn signal switch.

20220818_195215.jpg

69 RR. Round flasher laying in dash in ash tray area. Square flasher clipped to lower dash, left of steering column below light switches.

Dennis, is there any chance you've installed LED bulbs? Cause they don't draw enough current to cause the flashers to work... They require a special flasher designed to use with LEDs, they also have a ground wire that needs to be connected.... And those type flashers are also polarity specific which regular flashers are not.....

No LED’s installed. Car is back together and running with working turn signals. Shop reports it was a ground issue. Flasher pace and sound is a little different. Faster with a different click. Either that or it been so long since I drove it that I don’t remember. Just wanted to close this. If I get any more clarity on the EXACT resolution it will be updated here. Thanks for the comments. Sure feels good to drive the old dog. Hadn’t been in it since LA in April.

I had to pump out the June gasoline I last bought. The fuel goes bad here in just a few months. Your EFI may compensate a bit compared to my old fashioned carburetor. In 2019 I let the car sit awhile and it ran crappy on the old gas....Stumbling, sputtering and poor idle quality.

Auto Transport Service
Back