• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX convertible top trip fastener

RBcoolB

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Dose anyone have a picture or can describe what type of fastener is used to hold this clip in the trim on to the body. This is in the convertible top well trim. Thanks

Those clips (& the trim) is held in place by small machine screws which come up from below the convertible body lip, through holes in the lip & into those clips. A "guess" would be 10-24 screws, but you can check vs. the hole at a hardware store.

NOTE! The exact length of the screw is critical. Too long & it will drive up into the trim & dent it. Too short & it won't hold the trim. You could either custom-cut screws or maybe use some washers to adjust the length since they're not really visible.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

I used stainless Philips head sheet metal screws with the points cut off. I couldn't get a machine screw to thread in to the stainless clips but they do go into the chromed pot metal. Cut the points off or there will be a dent.

so a 10 -24 sheet metal philips pan head? Length 1/2, 5/8, or do I just trial and error it on length.

so a 10 -24 sheet metal philips pan head? Length 1/2, 5/8, or do I just trial and error it on length.
10-24 is a machine screw designation. same diameter would be a #10 sheet metal screw.

yea I realized that was a machine screw thread size after I posted. Ended up using stainless number 10 pan head sheet metal screws 1/2 inch long with the tips ground off.
Thanks guys for your help.

Auto Transport Service
Back