• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX Lower Body Black Paint

Jack Luckhowec

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
Mopar Experts,
Looking for a good aerosol paint to touch-up after a small repair on my 69 GTX. Planning to paint the whole section behind the rear wheels, so it doesn't need to match perfectly. I will redo the whole bottom in the future.
Any suggestions on a good match?
Thanks
Jack
PXL_20220606_233532254.jpg

That's why I have 3 or 4 different cans of semi-gloss/satin black, haha...it depends on what the rest of your black-out looks like.
I tend toward SEM Trim Black or Krylon for rattle-can satin blacks.

Depends on whether they used organasol on it before. Organasol is a lacquer. I got it from PPG for my 69 GTX and actually got the original chrysler bulletin on how to spray it. It's what Chrysler used originally but I don't know if its available now. What's the texture like? it should be a little textured. Some guys use hot rod black from kerker. I've seen satins and semi gloss used also. year one and classic industries used to sell it.

hey...checkout a website that is called 8774paint1.com they have spray cans organisol they advertise. $26.20 a can

never bought from them so can't attest to its quality...good luck!!

Auto Transport Service
Back