• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

In the Door Internal catagory bottom of page 2
199-DR023

Thanks to Justin I was able to locate where these go, used for the rear top of vent frame.
IMG_20190527_120315407.jpg

Dug these out. Need to find replacement seals & get them polished up. I peeled what I could out, then put them in the solvent tank to soften up the remaining pieces of the seals.
IMG_20190527_115115413_HDR.jpg

So I was reading a post in another glass thread. They mentioned an adjustment to help get the lower part of the wing vent gasket to seal against the inside and outside of the door. Can anyone clue me in on this. Also is there a preferred vender for the seals that go in the stainless trim. In the above post.

Also should mention, since you're at where I was a few weeks ago. The AMD door glass I received had the holes for the mylar channel run too far inboard. I ended up grinding down the front edge of both door glass with a fine grit belt on a belt grinder. Thought it might explode but actually worked good with no problems.

Also should mention, since you're at where I was a few weeks ago. The AMD door glass I received had the holes for the mylar channel run too far inboard. I ended up grinding down the front edge of both door glass with a fine grit belt on a belt grinder. Thought it might explode but actually worked good with no problems.
Did the same as shown in my resto thread, but only the Passenger side. Top edge of glass sucks too and needed blending to get rid of the optical wave.

As for the vent glass seal, not sure what you're asking 69GTX... if the rubber sitting down into the door opening it took some work and careful placing to get it smooth.

I'll have to read a bit further back in your thread^ Agreed on the top of the glass with optical wave. I didn't do anything with that as I didn't think there was any solution.

The drivers glass was pretty good, but looked like shift 4 did the passenger. It wasn't flat on the top but like a lake ripple. I ground it some and once flatter the way the light shines though cleaned the optics up somewhat. Still not perfect and could use a bit more grinding and sanding.

Dug these out. Need to find replacement seals & get them polished up. I peeled what I could out, then put them in the solvent tank to soften up the remaining pieces of the seals.View attachment 773259
Ok....Have to chime in.....Which seal are you referring to Tim....Door glass side which is glass setting tape or vent glass side which is a channel weatherstrip? I detailed this in my thread BTW....

You guys buying that AMD BS cracks me up......As you can see the key thing they lack is QC of parts received.....JRD international manufactures that glass.....ECS buys the same glass from JRD BUUUUUTTTT QC's every piece of glass he receives....If it is incorrect is goes back. Plus, you can get the correct date/logo......This is the case when paying a little bit more takes you a long way forward....

Justin, I guess thinking back the door glass side is probably glass setting tape, but the side that mates to the rear quarter glass looks like a felt/rubber seal. I will check your thread again.

While on the topic, almost everyone recommended using the original clips. I managed to come up with 4. I then compared them.View attachment 772217 View attachment 772220

We had to modify the new clips. The new ones were too thick, had to grind them down the the original dimensions. Also used the reproduction mylars, which ripped when installing. Got NOS ones and they slipped right in.

G, I have the repop mylars to practice with. I have a set of OEMs coming if needed. Hopefully I have everything in the next week or two to get them installed.
Getting some stuff from Richard, 69Bfan.

G, I have the repop mylars to practice with. I have a set of OEMs coming if needed. Hopefully I have everything in the next week or two to get them installed.
Getting some stuff from Richard, 69Bfan.
I will close tonight for that reference in my thread Tim...

Where ours came from too. I put a little tire mounting lube on them to help slide in.
Assembled the glass in the vent windows and installed as a assembly. Careful in to scratch the hell out of everything.

IMG_20190527_115115413_HDR.jpg

I pulled these out of the solvent tank and got the glass setting tape out. Took me about 1/2 hour per piece. I did find the ones off my original doors off my first 69 RR. I Think I'll use them if they polish up good. That way I will have something off both the 69 RRs I had on this car. Just kind of a sentimental thing. Hoping to have everything from Richard so I can get the side glass installed this coming weekend. He has been such a good guy to deal with. If you get a chance please use him. 69Bfan.

Last edited:
BTW what's everyone using for stainless polishing?

Auto Transport Service
Back