• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

It’s been awhile since I’ve checked in on your thread. Love that paint color on the X.

Put all the little trim pieces on the windows.
IMG_20200222_160901505.jpg
IMG_20200222_170618407.jpg
IMG_20200222_165404847.jpg

So decided to get the leaky PS pump out. First decided it'd be easier without the battery tray.
IMG_20200223_083937330.jpg
IMG_20200223_092716700.jpg
IMG_20200223_092143029.jpg

Looks to me like it's leaking around the shaft seal. I noticed during disassembly the shaft had .050 end play. Is this normal?

So looking for recommendations for PS. I bought this one through year one so not doing that again.

IMG_20200224_174948376_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20200224_175011731.jpg

So I had a hour, so I tore the PS pump apart to look for the reason for the leak. I found a big gouge on the OD for the seal.

Awesome quality control that is now unfortunately becoming the norm. How does something like that even leave the factory?

Looks like they used a chisel to remove the seal!

So anyone got any recommendations? I'm leaning towards buying a new, not reman pump. As the current one is a reman from year one.

Have you asked Steer & Gear or Firm Feel what they would recommend?

So got a new PS coming. I'll assemble it and Check it on the bench first before installing.
Back to finishing up the dash.
Also going to bleed the brakes, so I can make sure my porpotioning valve won't leak like Hunt's.

So got a new PS coming. I'll assemble it and Check it on the bench first before installing.
Also going to bleed the brakes, so I can make sure my porpotioning valve won't leak like Hunt's.
working man, lol

Just unscrew the top nut and check for any dings on the mating surfaces. I had 2 bad ones, one nut and one body.

Thanks for the tip Joel.
Still hunting the elusive lower spring for the steering column. If anyone has one, could you take some quick measurements. Maybe I'll make one if I can't get one.
After I get the dash & column in I can schedule it to get the headliner & vinyl top on

Thanks for the tip Joel.
Still hunting the elusive lower spring for the steering column. If anyone has one, could you take some quick measurements. Maybe I'll make one if I can't get one.
After I get the dash & column in I can schedule it to get the headliner & vinyl top on
There is a guy over on A bodies with a lot of parts that you should check with if nobody on here can help you. Whitepunktony or something like that is his screen name. He is a good guy, I bought several things from him in the past.

Just did a search for him under whitepunktony, tried tony also no luck. If you happen to think of him let me know.

@HALIFAXHOPS @toolmanmike . Do either of you remember what the username that guy Tony over on FABO who used to sell a lot of parts goes by?

Thanks, just looked him up last post was April last year, and inbox is full. I'll keep searching....

Auto Transport Service
Back