• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Thanks Goon. I know what you mean about the wallet! But I just don't keep track. I'm getting close enough now that I think I can see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel. Just hope it isn't a train.:lol:

Just ordered my double adjustable shocks from PST. James put me in contact with Jake at Viking. Told him I wanted 5" of lift and it setting 2" lower than stock up front. Also springs moved in 1" in back and 1.5 lower than stock in back. He set me up with B202 (new version) for the front & B217 for the rear. $611 to my door. Can't wait!

For those of you with the borgson steering box here is the fitting needed to go from metric to standard for the OEM hoses. From Summit.

Trail-Gear Power Steering Fittings 130511-1-KIT

I was going to order the kit from Bergman that had the 1 fitting & the return hard line 90$ to my door. Decided to do some investigating and found the fittings at summit for 7.75,so I'll be ordering them and use my oem hard line & new oem pressure hose. I'll let you know when they get here how they fit.

Had just a little time this weekend so I thought I'd at least get a little done. Funny how a 10 minute job turns into a hour or more. Case in point. I got my coil bracket so I figured I'd get it on real quick. Wrong!
IMG_20170402_155603239.jpg

So I slip the coil in, tighten it down then go to put it on the bracket and the holes are not far enough a part to get on the mounting bracket. You can't get at the tension screw with the bracket on the mount. So I removed it from the intake.

IMG_20170402_155714861.jpg
IMG_20170402_155642672.jpg

As you can see with the bracket loose enough for the slots to fit over the studs the bracket is way to loose.

IMG_20170402_160047238.jpg

I stuck it in the vise to rebend the angles at the top of the parallel sides.

IMG_20170331_194513357.jpg

Here is an example of the difference in std AC hose & the reduced barrier hose. Got the hose & fittings but I goofed on 2 of them so need to order a couple more today.

I don't think that I have had any replacement part, that I have ordered, fit without custom fitting.

I got the PS hoses hooked up to the pump also, just need the ordered fittings to finish that up. Engine compartment is starting to get full.

I had to share this, made me giggle. So I get a notice that my fitting shipment will be delayed. Hmmm I thought I wonder why. Cause, train derailment. That's a new one!

Shipment Progress
Location Date Local Time Activity
04/06/2017 9:00 A.M. A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
San Pablo, CA, United States 04/04/2017 2:41 A.M. Departure Scan

IMG_20170406_181729710.jpg
IMG_20170406_181902736.jpg

Got my Viking shocks from PST yesterday. Can't wait to get them on! Should be super easy to adjust.

Th way stuff is made anymore? don't count ur chickens before they hatch!

True, but at least they're easier than the comp engineering ones!

Well got my fittings for the PS box. They fit, kinda. The fit the box ok but the flare fitting coming out is 3/8 instead of 1/4 for the pressure side.
IMG_20170411_165612445.jpg

Hex is close to each other when installed but I could get a 7/8 12 pt thinwall socket on them. I found a 3/8 fitting for the return hose. I'm going to call Trail Gear and see if they have the correct fitting for the pressure side so I don't have to put a adapter in.

IMG_20170411_171842467.jpg

Installed one of the front shocks to check fit. I gad to clearance the front sway bar bracket just about a 1/8". not much. I'll clean it up with a file then touch it up with paint. I installed it with the knobs to the inside so I could see them better.

Auto Transport Service
Back