• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

I see you have been working on that PS fitting. Keep it up, I know you'll get it.:popcorn:

IMG_20170414_115436546.jpg
IMG_20170414_142816280.jpg

Got the shock on the pass. side, and clearance. These paint pens work great for touch up. Use them on bolts ect. that need a little touchup.

IMG_20170414_121209674.jpg

Going to take about .25 off the upper bumper to give me some more travel.

IMG_20170414_122107433.jpg
IMG_20170414_122215158.jpg
IMG_20170414_122734466.jpg

So I used a drill and disc sander to do this. I shortened it to the height I wanted, then put the same profile back on it. Also it put the profile on center with the bolt. You might be able to see how off center they were.

IMG_20170414_124619729.jpg

Used the mill & a fly cutter to do the lowers. Removed about .5" off the height on these. Gained me about 1.25 more travel, bumper to bumper with out any interference anywhere. This may be overkill but thought I'd try to get the max range of motion. The cal tracs recommends 5" of travel. I have a total of 6.5 now. So hopefully I can set it up with 3.5 of compression travel for street driving then lower in a little while racing at the track if I need to. Hopefully it'll hook good and I won't have to adjust it at the track.

I wanted to see what my Borgeson steering box still had in it. These were the fittings that were in my box. It looks different than your fitting. I don't remember if I ordered the kit for mine. I would have to go back into my records to find it. I did not try the threads to find out if they are metric or not.
Borgeson fittings.jpg

Borgeson fitting.jpg

Yes those look like the same fittings I ordered from Summit. The OEM pressure line is a 5/16 line (#5) flare. Got that fitting now on order. I'm guessing they came up with a 16mm 1.5 flare nut for inverted flare on the return line.

BTW they are 37 degree flare.

Last edited:
Sometimes, as we all know restoring these old cars, we have to improvise on parts and pieces. I would've done the same thing as you did on your bump stops. Where did you get that GP-X touch up pen? Don't think I've ever seen that before. Is it just touch upaint? I really didn't think of using something like that for touching up nuts/bolts because I was just going to use paint and a brush. Guess I'm experiencing a brain fart. Just curious

Just told the better-half that April is crappy; everything I've done this month has never went right!

I got mine figured out now. So if you want to run a factory PS line let me know and I'll send you the 6 to 5 flare fitting to go to the OEM line. I'm not sure what they charge for their pressure hose but you could compare it and see. I think my line was about 30$.

Glad you got it figured. When I get to the PS I will probably be asking you questions. Thanks.

Looking forward to this weekend! Got all my "to do" stuff caught up so I can spend the whole weekend on the car. Plus it's supposed to be nice so maybe I can have the garage door open.
:lol:

Looking forward to this weekend! Got all my "to do" stuff caught up so I can spend the whole weekend on the car. Plus it's supposed to be nice so maybe I can have the garage door open.
:lol:
Get a lot done. That is what I should spend my weekend on also. I am taking my family to Las Vegas for the MATS show. (Mopars At The Strip.) Every year I buy many parts for my car and enjoy looking at all the cars and watching them race.

If it was closer I would also! Bring back some pictures.

Had a great weekend! Weather was nice so I had the doors open, which the dog enjoyed!
Got the dimmer switch in, dome harness, and jute glued in.
IMG_20170423_133858606.jpg
IMG_20170423_133937797_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170423_133947909_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170423_134003825_HDR.jpg

I didn't glue the jute in the rear package tray as I wasn't sure if was installed on top or bottom. Mopar74 let me know it was on top, so I don't think I'll glue it for now.

Auto Transport Service
Back