• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Radio in. Just need to get some RCA jacks for cd/ipod so I can locate them to the glove box.
I had Ward's do a stereo FM conversion.
radio.jpg
radio1.jpg

So I dug out the old dash harness to compare with the new one. I want to put the courtesy light on the ignition switch. The bulb and wire are there but the bracket was not. Anyway I'm looking at the harness and notice a big blob right behind the bulk head. Get a load of this. Somewhere along the line the whole harness had been cut, the spliced (I use the term spice loosely). :BangHead:
harness3.jpg
harness4.jpg
harness1.jpg

I'm still stressing about my wiring. My head starts to hurt when I see all of those wires.
I'm also looking for an ignition courtesy light harness. If you find out where to get one for yours let me know if there are options for mine. I also had Ward's redo my radio. That's a good idea to run the jacks to the glove box.
Things are looking good.

I may see if I can make the plate that slides over the ignition and use a gear selector light or similar light from somewhere else to make it.

I may see if I can make the plate that slides over the ignition and use a gear selector light or similar light from somewhere else to make it.
That sounds like a good option. If you make one I would like to see some pictures.

Tim

looking great! Really enjoy the progress on your build and thanks for the pics and details!

Make sure one of the 2 radio boys make a clean contact to ground....

Thanks Justin, I cleaned the area in the back bolt support.

I have wanted electric cutouts from day one. Then I get online and read reviews about the butterflies failing to close and I get scared ***. So I come across the Doug's with the guillotine style and think "that's better!" Look at reviews on those and they say the motors and gears are cheap and they may fail sooner than they should.
I got the Doug's guillotine style cutouts for the same reason-multiple brands butterfly style failures and inherent design flaw of the butterfly style.
One of my Doug's failed but the electric motor was a recalled serial number and they sent 2 new motors out, so now I have a spare, and I haven't had another problem in years, the Doug's guillotine style work and sound GREAT! 3" is what I have.

So to help protect the dash speaker, I pulled it back out and used a black nylon stocking to cover it. This will help keep small stuff from getting on the speakers.
speaker8.jpg

Installed he RCA jacks for the Ipod & wired up the dash speaker.
radio2.jpg

From what I can find it went on front driver wing vent.

Man, I started reading this thread from a link or search concerning :lowdown:IQ52 and my future 6bbl stroker build w/TrickFlow 240s.
I have to say it's like a book I couldn't put down! I didn't read every single post, but wow! This is how it is done RIGHT!
I may have some ?s regarding engine/carb/manifold that I will ask Jim about, but I may get your input as well. A/C system too.
I can't wait until you stomp the loud pedal on this one, and your car is BEAUTIFUL! :lowdown:

Thank you! It's been a long road, but nearing the finish line. I did have a separate link for just the engine. "Trick Flows on the 440" I'd be glad to help any way I can.
I will say you don't need a stroker to make good power. But I know it's all the thing these days. My goals were 7.50 1/8 11.50 1/4 in street trim. Meaning drive it to the track and race it with out doing anything. And then drive it home in comfort.
Jim/IQ52 is the man. I knew what I wanted, he picked out the parts & a plan.

Last edited:
Showard, can you post a picture of your glove box light? I found a switch/bulb, but wondering about if there's a lenses for the glove box or just a bare bulb. Thanks.

Showard, can you post a picture of your glove box light? I found a switch/bulb, but wondering about if there's a lenses for the glove box or just a bare bulb. Thanks.
Would think there’s a lens.

Thinking you could run one of those blue tooth receivers and never have to hook the phone up for tunes also.

Auto Transport Service
Back