• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

That grill looks like it's not going to hold much longer.

Well I've decided to take next week off so I can focus on the car. Should be able to get something accomplished, I hope.

Well I've decided to take next week off so I can focus on the car. Should be able to get something accomplished, I hope.
That is what I need to do.
School will be out in 2 weeks. Hopefully that will give me some more time to work on my car between my other jobs.

Did my first window work. I laid in the felt for the window tracks. There is a correct way to install them. One side has a relief on it near the bottom. I'll rivet them in after they've had a chance to relax.
View attachment 419443
I know its been a while, but need those channel felts for my car, wondered what they r called, and where to get? Your picture shows a front channel from each door correct..?
Thanks!

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/attachments/419443/

The glass channel runs pictured above is known as the lockside glass runs. Depending upon the car model and year model, the material varies based on the application. We stock the different material with the exception of the 66 to 67 year models which have been discontinued by the manufacture. You also have the mylar glass channel run that is attached to the front leading edge of the door glass for the 66 to 70 B-Body applications. Those pieces are available in either factory original pieces or a reproduction. The mylar pieces are pricey and the original pieces are very pricey, so make sure you know what your purchasing.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/attachments/419443/

The glass channel runs pictured above is known as the lockside glass runs. Depending upon the car model and year model, the material varies based on the application. We stock the different material with the exception of the 66 to 67 year models which have been discontinued by the manufacture. You also have the mylar glass channel run that is attached to the front leading edge of the door glass for the 66 to 70 B-Body applications. Those pieces are available in either factory original pieces or a reproduction. The mylar pieces are pricey and the original pieces are very pricey, so make sure you know what your purchasing.
I have no idea what these that i need are called...i bought car semi finished...69 RR POST CAR. The main door glass on both sides i assume should have some sort of felt in the front channels? These channels are adjacent to tne vent window frame?
The both windows now rattle like crazy in their channels.

I have no idea what these that i need are called...i bought car semi finished...69 RR POST CAR. The main door glass on both sides i assume should have some sort of felt in the front channels? These channels are adjacent to tne vent window frame?
The both windows now rattle like crazy in their channels.

It's not felt but a thin mylar that attaches to the leading edge of the windows with plastic guides that lock into the vent window frame. They are expensive for what they are.

If your doing a 68 to 70 B-Body post car, those cars used four of those mylar pieces. Also the lockside glass channel run for the coupes is entirely different than the hardtops and convertibles. They brackets can be swapped out, but the weatherstripping is different. Also, on the mylar pieces, the Chrysler ones have been discontinued and the manufacture of the reproductions has not ran any, so who knows when they will be available again.

If your doing a 68 to 70 B-Body post car, those cars used four of those mylar pieces. Also the lockside glass channel run for the coupes is entirely different than the hardtops and convertibles. They brackets can be swapped out, but the weatherstripping is different. Also, on the mylar pieces, the Chrysler ones have been discontinued and the manufacture of the reproductions has not ran any, so who knows when they will be available again.
Ok....starting to make sense to me...i see a little white plastic piece attached to the bottom/front of the glass, but nothing on the front/top--- so that would account for the rattle for sure....the rear channels DO have the "rubber" in them, so guess i need 2 more of those plastic pieces

CP-693279
I haven't gotten back to that yet, but I think this might be the one. If I understand the piece your talking about. Justin feel free to jump in here as I know your the man for window components.

After further inspection, i actually DO have those plastic guides where they should be. I believe now my issue may be window drops to low when down, therefore glass rattles, so now working on the "rusty stop adjustment"!

On the front leading edge of the door glass is the mylar inserts. The inserts are attached to the glass with the nylon "H" pins. The mylar gasket works as a gasket to seal the glass to the vent window frame and serves to keep the glass from rattling within the frame work. If everything is working properly, there is not that much movement in the glass. But after 50 or so years of use and abuse, items get worn and thus more movement of the glass.

I will have to get a picture of the lockstrip run. It is a heavy rubber extrusion with a flocking so that the glass will not bind on the extrusion.

ChannelClip1A.jpg GlassChannel1A.jpg

Tim, Thanks much for the glove box light. A little cleaning and it cleaned right up.
IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

Didnt mean to hijack this thread, wanted to let all who helped, window now works like new! Up stop needed rebuilding, ALL of the adjustment screws were way off!

Koosh, glad you got it handled!
Showard, looks great! The bulb was junk but I left it there for reference. I wasn't sure what the terminal was supposed to be. If you need anything else just yell.

So, I've had a productive vacation on the car so far this week. Got the glovebox switch cleaned & in. Also double checking everything as it gets installed to make sure it works.
IMG_20180519_133456379.jpg

So I was a little over whelmed on where to start so I figured just start taking things off the tables and put them on the car. I get things done and the piles shrink, right!

Last edited:
IMG_20180518_205122621.jpg

So these are the protective bumpers that go on my bumper. Pretty good but needed a little help. I scrubbed them then painted the back side of the crusty one. Then I used some spray on black plastic dip. Made them look like new.
IMG_20180518_205122621.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back