• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

I'm with ya Budnicks, I want it to resemble a stocker as close as possible, but with performance to spare. Got 15 x 10 Mag 500's rear and 15 x 4's front MT DOT radials rear. While I have your ear, the car had a 8 3/4 rear but had odd leaf springs. 4 full leafs & a half on the left side, 5 full & 2 half on the right side. I think the hemi cars had 5 & 6? Could these be SS springs? May throw these back in to start with. Also what torsion bars would you recomend? I know I had 6 cyl bars on my race car for weight transfer. But I aslo plan on driving it on the street alot. Would like to have a set up that would run 6's 1/8 10's 1/4.

Got the front firewal/fenderwell stiffners fitted and painted on the back side to dry, ready to weld in next. Pictures coming soon.

Nice looking car. I'm no expert, but will take a guess on your tag.
1969 Plymouth Satellite
383 automatic
console
fresh air
hood performance paint
white top
white long. accent stripe
blue door frames
B5 exterior
Blue interior
A satellite could be ordered with a fresh air option?

Mark that was the tag off my firsr car so I know it was a RR. But I don't know the anwser to question. I have never seen one.

A satellite could be ordered with a fresh air option?

My mistake. Should have put my glasses on. RM = Road Runner. I haven't seen a N96 Satellite either now that I think about it.

101_1852.jpg101_1859.jpg101_1857.jpg
Well had a good weekend. I got the US car tool front fenderwell braces instaled. B on fit just a little tweaking here and there and welded right in. Got the POR 15 on. Then I sprayed the underneath wit the ceramic Lizard skin coating. Went on well after getting the gun set. I went for a finish similar to a bedliner look. Got 2 coats on. I ordered2 gallons and it will be about right as I plan on using it in the passenger compartment side of the firewall. Also got the sound deadner product for the passenger floor. Should get that on next weekend. Then I can get started on sheet metal!!!! BTW the Lizard skin was great to work with. Water soluable clean up makes this stuff a snap.

Question, my package tray has been hacked for speakers sometime in it's life. Does anyone know if they offer a replacement patch for this. Or do I need to break out the sawzall and head for a junk yard. The piece is in great shape except for that.:icon_question:

I'm with ya Budnicks, I want it to resemble a stocker as close as possible, but with performance to spare. Got 15 x 10 Mag 500's rear and 15 x 4's front MT DOT radials rear. While I have your ear, the car had a 8 3/4 rear but had odd leaf springs. 4 full leafs & a half on the left side, 5 full & 2 half on the right side. I think the hemi cars had 5 & 6? Could these be SS springs? May throw these back in to start with. Also what torsion bars would you recomend? I know I had 6 cyl bars on my race car for weight transfer. But I aslo plan on driving it on the street alot. Would like to have a set up that would run 6's 1/8 10's 1/4.

for handling I would go with the 0.92" for the 440 0r 426, the HD is 0.90", the 383 is 0.88" torsion bars...

- - - Updated - - -

not 100% sure what the leafs are, could be S/S springs...

- - - Updated - - -

do the spring look like these ??, they are MP S/S b-Body 22" front section springs, from Mancini Racing...

Attachments

• MRE B- Body SS Springs 3400 lbs $245 MOP456-457.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,327
I'll take a pic and post it thurs.

Yes indeed they are SS springs Budniks. I took a week of last week and got all the sheet metal removed. Pictures later tonight. Glad I did there was some morbid bondo work I found. The 1/4's weighed twice as much as the should have with all the tiger hair, galvinized tin, & bondo!!!

Yes indeed they are SS springs Budniks. I took a week of last week and got all the sheet metal removed. Pictures later tonight. Glad I did there was some morbid bondo work I found. The 1/4's weighed twice as much as the should have with all the tiger hair, galvinized tin, & bondo!!!

isn't it awesome some of the work the body shops do? or other peoples ideas of how it could be done cheaper. I have a 70 GTX and will be watching your car come together. I grew up in the north west corner of IA.

sounds great, keep up the progress.... waiting for the photos, you know we love our car **** around here...LOL...

looks like your beefing up all over. is a torque monster going in it?

004.jpg005.jpg
Got the US car tool lower rad. support in. Liked it alot, fit very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

008.jpg011.jpg012.jpg
As you can see the rear quarters had some shadetree body work. Now its all stripped and ready to start back the other way!!!
New quarters, trunk floor, and deck filler. Got my dolly cart made so next I will be putting the doors on with the rebuilt hinges so I can line up the quarters. Bought cleco pins and rivets to put everything together to assure propper fit and lines, gaps before I start welding.

- - - Updated - - -

As for all the bracing I want a super healthy motor. Want to try and get 5-600 HP and throw a 150-200 shot of Nos on top of that when things get serious. Probably a 500 inch stroker. Want to just have a hint of rumble from the cam. Going automatic with a gear vender OD with I'm thinking 3:54-73 gears. Been looking at the S60's will most likely order a complete drop in rear. I want it to be bullit proof so I can drive it like a mad man on street or strip ;0)

Question, my package tray has been hacked for speakers sometime in it's life. Does anyone know if they offer a replacement patch for this. Or do I need to break out the sawzall and head for a junk yard. The piece is in great shape except for that.:icon_question:

I don't think anybody has answered this yet. I haven't seen any in the magazines so i'm going to say no, they don't remake them. If you can't find one in the JY, maybe somebody here is parting out one for your year.

Thanks RRman, looks like the sawzall needs to reappear.

I saw that, but would be way faster to weld in patches compared to removing and replacing the whole piece.

Auto Transport Service
Back