• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Well I've been off the grid for a while. I've been on vacation for 3 weeks, getting ready for surgery. I'm getting a full shoulder reverse replacement. My first one is wore out. So I've been trying to get everything in order before next Tuesday. I'll be in a sling for 4-6 week and probably won't be able to much with my left are for 2-3 months. But on a up side I'll probably be on here a lot! Good news is I'm done working! I'll return to work for 1 day on Sept. 30th so I can retire!!! Got to get this new joint up to speed for the car & hunting season.

Last edited:
Tim, take care of yourself and hope the surgery is a success. I'm 7 years away from retirement and can't wait.

We can rebuild him...we have the technology....
Is it the steering hand or the gear-shiftin' one?
congrats.jpg

on your retirement and heal quick, my friend! :thumbsup:

I'm sure everything will work out fine with the surgery Tim. They will have you as good as new in no time. Little recovery, and then relax and enjoy that retirement. I will admit I am a bit envious of the retirement bit.

We' ll I made it through surgery! Way better than the first time, only 2 nights in the hospital. Pretty much off the pain meds. Looking forward to getting out of the sling so I can drive! Going to see if I can get a chauffeur for this coming weekend Mopar event at Eddyville. Hoping to see all my FBBO friends there. I'll be easy to spot, the guy with the funky sling on the left. Track me Don and say hi!

We' ll I made it through surgery! Way better than the first time, only 2 nights in the hospital. Pretty much off the pain meds. Looking forward to getting out of the sling so I can drive! Going to see if I can get a chauffeur for this coming weekend Mopar event at Eddyville. Hoping to see all my FBBO friends there. I'll be easy to spot, the guy with the funky sling on the left. Track me Don and say hi!
congrats.jpg
Outstanding!

So a bit of a complication with the surgery, a culture sample showed some growth. So I'll be getting a pick line & a daily IV infusion starting next week for 14 days. Hopefully this won't be a big deal.

So a bit of a complication with the surgery, a culture sample showed some growth. So I'll be getting a pick line & a daily IV infusion starting next week for 14 days. Hopefully this won't be a big deal.
I hope it's not a big deal....... keep us posted......hope for the best my friend.

Okay, so we all been waiting 'bout 14 days.......and?

Nothing yet? Seems serious. Okay I'm going out to practice with my compound bow. Saw two bull elk in velvet Monday. Are you jealous?

Nothing yet? Seems serious. Okay I'm going out to practice with my compound bow. Saw two bull elk in velvet Monday. Are you jealous?
He’s been on Facebook so I’m guessing he’s on the mend.

Wow, just finished reading this thread. It took about a week. What a journey! You have a lot of ingenuity for sure. No problem unsolved. I'm impressed. Hope you get back on here and update on the shoulder as well as the car. I'm looking at a shoulder replacement at some point as well. I just grin and bear it for the time being. Congrats on retirement, I'll never be able to retire after 08. Just not in the cards for me. Hope you enjoy and update us on this beautiful car!

Auto Transport Service
Back