• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

I will order them now! What did you enter to find the correct replacement? Was your reservoir a little wiggly? Looks like they use a grommet to attach it.
These are what you need. Rock Auto has always had the best price on them if you have more stuff to add to the order to help with shipping.

20220607_162802.jpg

Thanks! They are on their way.
I picked up a retro looking tach. SW, I put the repop in the dash but they aren't very racer friendly.

IMG_20230216_124610773_HDR.jpg

I lost my good friend Randy Sutherland Feb. 7, had his service Feb 17th. He was a good friend for 40 years. He had a 70 Hemi R/T Challenger, 71 matching 440+6 Cuda & Challenger, & 71 Challenger R/T 383, all 4 spd. He a wealth of knowledge on Mopar. He could rattle of codes and options faster than I could list them. He was generous to a fault with his friends. He lost his battle with cancer.

IMG_20230219_170404469.jpg

So I realized I didn't run the gauge leads through the face plate so did that today. Had to pull all the senders out pull them back through the firewall, install, & repeat. Took me a couple hours. What's the old saying, one step forward....... Oil & trans temp weren't to bad, but coolant was tougher, had to remove some hoses.

IMG_20230219_152809169_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230219_143938684_HDR.jpg

I also worked on tach leads for both. Mechanical gauge lights, and some dash wiring. Coil lead to dash, tach leads to fuse box. Reading up on the Innovative O2 installation, sensors are in the exhaust but I need to install the rest of it. Same with gear vendor.
Back at it tomorrow.

I lost my good friend Randy Sutherland Feb. 7, had his service Feb 17th. He was a good friend for 40 years. He had a 70 Hemi R/T Challenger, 71 matching 440+6 Cuda & Challenger, & 71 Challenger R/T 383, all 4 spd. He a wealth of knowledge on Mopar. He could rattle of codes and options faster than I could list them. He was generous to a fault with his friends. He lost his battle with cancer.

View attachment 1420974
I am very sorry to read of your friends' passing.... prayers to all his loved ones, family and not.:praying:

View attachment 1420974
Sorry and condolences just seem so inadequate, but I'll add mine here. I wish you all peace and warm memories of Randy.

I was going to say may he rest in peace, but in his case, it sounds like he's the type who is up in heaven banging gears and burning tires!

Truly, I offer my sincere condolences.

Hawk

Hawk, that's how all his friends see him! Thanks.
More wiring work today, natural safety harness, more dash wiring, and starting to wire in the Innovative LM2

Well a little more work today on the X, got the new master cylinder bled, and front brakes bled. Holes in bottom of dash for gauge bracket. Ran some of the harness for the LM-2. Raised the torsion bars a little. More wiring tomorrow.

Anyone have a spare green/blue gauge light cover, or is looking for red ones.

IMG_20230223_162740230.jpg

Well the X saw some daylight before going in the trailer today. Did just a little more wiring too.

IMG_20230305_151327060.jpg

IMG_20230305_163359953_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230305_163419339_HDR.jpg

So I dropped car off yesterday! Had to drive through a little snow but cleared up by the time I got there. Really happy with Keith and the boys. We went over what's to be done and parts. I did get a heart break though. He laid the rear window trim on the Dutchman panel. It fit awful. I had taken trim to body shop when it was painted to check fit. They obviously didn't. So my next question is has anyone ever tried altering the radius just out from the corner on trim?

Here is what I have. Some are Autometer and some are Iequus. The height is different between the two.

20230309_150152.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back