• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 road runner......like I needed another!

A while back I started a WTB thread for a 1969 California road runner air breather. I had a few replies, but member @5.7 hemi had what I was after. It arrived today. I installed it as a silenced unit and found it was too tall with my 1" spacer on the base of the carb. So I used the un-silenced base and she fits like a dream! He gave me a beauty "383 Magnum" pie tin with it. I will have to acquire a "road runner engine" plate sometime. It is powder coated, vs the wrinkle paint I believe would be correct, but it looks just fine to me. As everyone who looks in here knows, this build is not about 100% correct, it's about enjoying and driving a real classic.

IMG_4869[1].JPG

And the image I used for reference from Nick's garage.....

69_383ds_01.jpg

Nice work getting the Runner on the road! I really like this car, basically what I'm hoping to find. I've been considering buying a car down south and bringing it back, any advice/hints you could give would be appreciated!

Well, one more little piece of the puzzle. I was waiting for it to flatten out a bit before I took pics, but it will not be happening until next summer. So for now, here is the trunk mat I got from moparnation74.

IMG_5535[1].JPG
IMG_5536[1].JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back