• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 road runner......like I needed another!

Thanks to all you guys for the comments and following along which gave me inspiration. I plan on enjoying this car like it was designed to be. Perhaps someday I'll give it a quick paint to put it back to Rallye with stripes, but not for a while yet! This one lives on a gravel road and will be seeing a few regular miles of it.

I absolutely LOVE this look

img_4495-1-jpg.jpg

Inspection went well today. I had to replace the lower ball joint on the pass side. I thought it was good, but he figured it was loose. Also my high beam indicator quit working. I must have bumped it when I did the dash pad. Other than that, tomorrow she will be legally on the road! I looked in the trunk and remembered I hadn't seam sealed. With the dusty roads that would be a certain pain in the ***. So, slop it on like Ma Mopar did and seal her up!.

IMG_4513[1].JPG

IMG_4514[1].JPG

IMG_4515[1].JPG

Well done on the completion. I agree with the other guys....this car looks great just as it is now. If I got another car, I would keep it 'rough 'n' ready' just so I could drive around with fewer worries about scratches and idiots on the road.
Any chance you could share your windscreen thickness in millimetres? I have my original in the stairway cupboard, so we can compare measurements.
Thanks, and happy motoring in the 'Runner. :thumbsup:

Thanx Folks! I'm super happy with it!

Kiwi, The glass I removed was "Gaurdian" and the piece I installed is "PGW" (made in China). Both measured 5mm thick. I'm hoping that is the same as OEM, but due to the fact these cars don't see much rain, it likely won't be much of a factor anyway!

Kiwi, The glass I removed was "Gaurdian" and the piece I installed is "PGW" (made in China). Both measured 5mm thick. I'm hoping that is the same as OEM, but due to the fact these cars don't see much rain, it likely won't be much of a factor anyway!
Thanks. :thumbsup:
I just managed to get a reading off the top and side of mine - 7.35mm - cannot get it out completly right now, but I know it is the original to my car. Laminated and tinted with the blue strip across the top - unsure of which brand just now.

Today I moved the '69 runner into the 70's! I installed a Craig Powerplay cassette deck and speakers. I searched the internet a while back for this specific style. Amazingly I found the setup in California still in original boxes. The deck actually removes from the mount by sliding it forward. I remember these from way back when so I wanted a set up like this. The speakers are just sitting in the backseat for now as I am waiting on my package tray and jute for it. This is just a quick install and I will clean it up once I mount the speakers.

IMG_4549[1].JPG

IMG_4550[1].JPG

IMG_4546[1].JPG

IMG_4547[1].JPG

sorry you guys , coupes weren't the rage when i cut this one for its noise , oh ya fresh air 4spd car . but its going to fix this factory black / blk int fresh air 4psd 69 ht rr , they black car was wrecked , ,and the owner couldn't find the parts . and about 5 miles from his house was a farmer/scraper had this sitting on it drums with no running gear , it was this 69 rr coupe . so after buying his car . i bought this car and drove by his house with it . of course i showed him it , and told him where it was . he just shook his head , walked back into his house .

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP GOOD CLIP.jpg 69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP LEFT FRONT.jpg 69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP DRIVER SIDE.jpg

Gdrill,

Dude i see you on A bodys all the tine. I love the runner. Its edgy. Like its got all the 50 years worth of battle scars and lived to tell about it. Id maybe complete the redo of the interior seats, and maybe paint the trunk floor and throw a factory jack, spare and trunk mat in there, but i would leave the body alone as is.

Moparmat2000

Thanx Matt. I actually have a guy that will build me a front seat cover. He is just in the process of moving though so it will be a bit for that. As for the trunk, I have to aquire the jack and tire mounting assemblys. Then I will splash it in green.
LOL, 50 years of battle scars.......that's good!

Well, it is never going to be unquestionable, but I believe she just rolled over 47,000 original miles today. I think this because when I cleaned up the drums on the car, they were still red, implying factory slop and magnum wheels. I cut those drums which came within tolerance to be used again. I don't think 147,000 mile drums would be usable let alone still on the car! But there is still a chance that they were replaced and the owner painted the red on again.

IMG_4601[1].JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back