• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR 6 pak hood

Garys1969RR

Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
How can you determine if a F/G hood is a true factory A 12 hood? Just bought a 69 RR, and this hood looks just like an A 12 hood. It even has the rectangular shaped area on the bottom side of the hood, that seals to the air filter base. Are there any factory stampings or moldings to look for? Thanks for your help.

I have one and have not noticed any particular stamping or characteristics that I.d. It as a factory hood - though it is. Of course I've never looked at a repop though so I've nothing to compare it to.

Thanks! Comparing it to pics I've seen here, it looks just like an original 6 pak hood. Does any one have pics of the underside?

Reproduction hoods are pretty easy to identify. The underside of a reproduction is quite smooth compared to an original. There are specific details by the nose piece of an original on the underside as well. The original hoods will also show the original hue of green fiberglass in the wear areas.

The original and repop in the pictures are a RR and SB, but you will see the difference in finish.

Hope this helps you identify what you have.

D

Underhood - Original.jpgUnderhood - Repop.jpgIMG_8308.jpg

Thanks for your help! I wil check it out over the weekend

- - - Updated - - -

On the rib from the center of the hood to the air filter area, is that a re pop trademark? Or is that for a Super Bee?

If I understand what you're referring to - the rib is on the stock 6 pack hood.

I did not do a good job of explaining this.

The two hoods I previously posted are from a Roadrunner and a Super Bee respectively. The first one is a Roadrunner which does not have the center ridge like the Super Bee. The Road Runner hood is the original. The texture and green hue are the two items to look for. It will never have the center ridge, original or reproduction.

The second picture is a reproduction Super Bee hood. The finish is very smooth as I believe these are injection molded versus form made like the originals. The original hoods have the center ridge as well.

A picture of my original Super Bee hood during repair/restoration. Note the texture compared to the one above.

Let us know what you find. If unsure, post a picture.

D

IMG_20131015_171336_270.jpg

Thanks! This is very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine appears to be a re pop. Smooth finish on underside, and no green hue. Oh well it still looks great!

Auto Transport Service
Back