• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What I have and future plans

OldGuyGTX

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Just a few things to fix, wipers, heater, horn...but this 69 super track pak is in great shape

1969-gtx-721 trans hardtop F8 green super track pack.jpg

1969-plymouth-gtx-front hood.jpg

1969-plymouth-gtx-left rear.jpg
GTX 440 engine.jpg
GTX seats console dash.jpg
1969-plymouth-gtx-build tag.jpg

It has a period correct engine, unknown as to what happened with the original, the 833 has been replaced by a 727, not the original hood, Edelbrock 1407 and headers

This garaged Michigan car is now in Arizona, I have the 1407 altitude (4500ft) and electric choke kit (along with a new Holley 300-14 single plane intake, not installed), vintage a/c is a top priority, given 4.10 gears long driving distances and Interstate 75mph speed limits (plus flow of traffic speeds), hoping to get back to a manual trans for the Super Track Pak, with a (Tremec 6speed). I'll need to check out the bottom end if there's a decision to go with Trickflow 240 heads.

Future plans are flexible, as is my health. :) FWIW, the Mrs and I go back to the 60s muscle car era, it was a culture in and of itself, we have many wonderful memories. She (tiny) drove a 68 Charger R/T with a 440/833, I drove a 69 hemi rr with an 833 and 4.10 gears, both of us had F8 green and same color vinyl tops...this tiny little gal was/is competitive, and she burned up more rubber than I did...we both enjoy watching Nick's Garage on you tube. :)

Question, how many 69 GTX Super Track Paks were built? Also, I'm very curious about the A12? When and where was it built? The fender tag matches the VIN, but I haven't checked the right side trunk number, if memory serves me well; it is also flexible at times.

A12= Oct 12 ? Not positive on the newer fangled fender tags.

Yes scheduled production date 10-12-1968
Was built in St Louis, MO

Wasn't this for sale online last year?

I believe I have parked next to and chatted with the Michigan owner a few times at local shows near Livonia mi. over the last couple years (looks like the same car at least)
Nice car

Your build date, October 12, 1968 (A-12) could lead the less knowledgeable to think your car should be a Six Barrel RoadRunner. Nice car with attractive colour combo. When these cars were new, I never liked the green, but it has grown on me over the years.

Nice. My F8 440 GTX has 18 spline A833. Dana 3.54:1. And mine not even close to number matching. In fact the split bench seat I'm pretty sure was not available to GTX? But VIN, Tag and title says RS23. So I lovingly call it my '69 GTXish. (Just to Mopar crowd.) Lol.

Would love to have your grabber hood and air cleaner assembly.

fendor tag (1).jpg

I believe I have parked next to and chatted with the Michigan owner a few times at local shows near Livonia mi. over the last couple years (looks like the same car at least)
Nice car

I understand it was a nice group there, wish I could have met the owner at one of the car shows. The previous owner before me passed away. I was hoping there would be forum members who recognized the car and could tell me more about it. :)

This car was also at the MoPar Nationals August 1989 at Columbus.

Nice. My F8 440 GTX has 18 spline A833. Dana 3.54:1. And mine not even close to number matching. In fact the split bench seat I'm pretty sure was not available to GTX? But VIN, Tag and title says RS23. So I lovingly call it my '69 GTXish. (Just to Mopar crowd.) Lol.

View attachment 1603830

Very nice. Yes, the Air Grabber hoods add character and functional good looks. :)

I understand it was a nice group there, wish I could have met the owner at one of the car shows. The previous owner before me passed away. I was hoping there would be forum members who recognized the car and could tell me more about it. :)

This car was also at the MoPar Nationals August 1989 at Columbus.
If it is the same car I’m thinking of, did it come with tons of pictures of the restoration?

If it is the same car I’m thinking of, did it come with tons of pictures of the restoration?

Unfortunately, it did not. :(

Do you know when it was restored? The trunk and rear window areas look excellent.

View attachment 1603830

The Mrs likes your video too, we both like the exhaust sound and seat colors.

The Mrs likes your video too, we both like the exhaust sound and seat colors.
Thank you. The camel tan I wasn't sure about when buying the car. But once I looked at it in person? It works with the F8 green. But I'm not sure it would work if colors were flipped? (Interior green with that tan body color.)

But it is what it is.

Your build date, October 12, 1968 (A-12) could lead the less knowledgeable to think your car should be a Six Barrel RoadRunner. Nice car with attractive colour combo. When these cars were new, I never liked the green, but it has grown on me over the years.

We didn't see many metallic painted cars back in the 60s, I didn't think about green one way or another, but seeing the F8 paint for the first time, all those decades ago, won me over. It was love at first sight seeing the F8 hemi rr and 0-60 on the test drive was music to the ears and a push on the butt. :)

There was a lot of buzz on the new Boss 429 Mustangs back then, with their hemispherical head design. The previous owner of the hemi rr traded it in for the Boss 429 4spd, and he later admitted the 426 Hemi was a better engine and faster on the street.

Before buying this GTX, I researched the A12 and learned no 69 GTXs were built with the A12 engine/suspension package. One of the first upgrades after purchasing the GTX was the Holley 300-14, a reminder of the old Weiand intake of decades ago, with current headers and ignition upgrades, it leaves only the factory heads as a choke point.

Speaking as a short term forum member and long time senior citizen, I really enjoy this website for its wealth of knowledge and very nice demeanor. Thank you all. :)

Thank you. The camel tan I wasn't sure about when buying the car. But once I looked at it in person? It works with the F8 green. But I'm not sure it would work if colors were flipped? (Interior green with that tan body color.)

But it is what it is.

Agree, can't go there with green interior and tan body color, bad, bad mental imagery. :D

Agree, can't go there with green interior and tan body color, bad, bad mental imagery. :D
I know that mind image. Just wrong. Lol.

I bought the car 6 years ago because the price reflected that it's not ever to be a $60k-$80k original. Thus open to build options. (Which is what we did back in the day. Numbers matching? Meant nothing. Who knew?) I passed on a 540 hemi built by our area's leading Mopar head machinist asking $20g. Carb to pan. Barely buy the parts and machine work for that today. 700 HP pump gas build that would be ideal to a GTXish car. Matched with a Passon A855 5-speed. (Seperate cost) Just needed to up Dana to 4.10:1. Possibly 4.56:1 with the .70 5th gear of the A855? (Of course exhaust. K-frame and possibly upgrade to fuel line. Among other considerations like upgraded driveshaft. As well as a possible mini tub of the wheelwells to get a bigger tire under there. Thus a narrowed Dana with modified suspension) The clutch in the car is a new monster 11" Centerforce. Set to accommodate either 18 spline A833 or A855.

But that all stemmed on the fact of pulling a very good running 440 near 400 HP for more firepower? (And yes, the Hemi bling.)

Just couldn't do it. But kicking myself a bit for wimping out. lol.

As for the Tremec idea, until their new one (TKX), you had to cut up the floor & torsion bar crossmember.
Rather than cut the car up, either the TKX or Passon's OD gearset swapped into the original trans is a better path to freeway use, or change the rearend gears to something taller.
Nice car - when those were new, the greens and of course B5 were commonly seen colors in SoCal. The greens are particularly nostalgic for me.

I know that mind image. Just wrong. Lol.

I bought the car 6 years ago because the price reflected that it's not ever to be a $60k-$80k original. Thus open to build options. (Which is what we did back in the day. Numbers matching? Meant nothing. Who knew?) I passed on a 540 hemi built by our area's leading Mopar head machinist asking $20g. Carb to pan. Barely buy the parts and machine work for that today. 700 HP pump gas build that would be ideal to a GTXish car. Matched with a Passon A855 5-speed. (Seperate cost) Just needed to up Dana to 4.10:1. Possibly 4.56:1 with the .70 5th gear of the A855? (Of course exhaust. K-frame and possibly upgrade to fuel line. Among other considerations like upgraded driveshaft. As well as a possible mini tub of the wheelwells to get a bigger tire under there. Thus a narrowed Dana with modified suspension) The clutch in the car is a new monster 11" Centerforce. Set to accommodate either 18 spline A833 or A855.

But that all stemmed on the fact of pulling a very good running 440 near 400 HP for more firepower? (And yes, the Hemi bling.)

Just couldn't do it. But kicking myself a bit for wimping out. lol.

Understand, so many choices and so little time. :) With the 30% overdrive, 4.56 gear works out to a final ~3.19 gear. In this part of Arizona, it's BIG country, by that I mean lots of land area and sparse population. I was leaving Tucson the other day, warm and cloudless sky, and the flow of traffic was 80mph+ (75mph speed limit); 4.10 gears don't cut it for interstate highway speed limits. There are portions of Utah and Texas (that I've driven on) where the speed limit is 80mph and the flow of traffic can be faster. :)

I've run Crane cams (with intake/exhaust open/close events) in past years, these 112 degree lobe separation hydraulic rollers interest me for a mild 440 engine build, the 110 and 114 lobe separation cams are examples of power band shifts.

Good mid-range torque and HP, fair idle, performance-usage, 3600-4400 cruise RPM,
excellent for 440 Six-Pack,
mild supercharged, 10.0 to 11.5 compression ratio advised.
HR-230/352-2S-12 2200-6400 689531*a 68532-16b
230 292 112 8 42 .000 .528
236 298 55 1 .000 .539

Good mid to upper RPM torque and HP, fair idle, performance usage, 3800-4600 cruise RPM, mild supercharged,
10.5 to 12.0 compression ratio advised.
HR-234/359-2S-12 2600-6600 689551*a 68532-16b
234 296 112 10 44 .000 .539
242 304 58 4 .000 .558

Performance usage, good mid-range torque and HP, rough idle, bracket racing w/heavy car, 440+ cu.in., auto trans w/3000+ converter, 4000-4800 cruise RPM, 10.5 to 12.0 compression ratio advised.
HR-240/365-2S-10 2800-6600 689561*a 68532-16b
240 302 110 15 45 .000 .548
248 310 59 9 .000 .558

Good mid-range and upper RPM torque and HP, rough idle, performance usage, bracket racing, 440+ cu.in.,
auto trans w/3200+ converter, 4000-4800 cruise RPM, good w/mild supercharged or plate nitrous system, 11.5 to 13.0 compression ratio advised.
HR-240/365-2S-14 3000-6800 689541*a 68532-16b
240 302 114 11 49 .000 .548
248 310 63 5 .000 .558

Shift points with the 6spd Tremec Magnum trans (or any other transmission for that matter), max torque in the above cams are in the 4,000 to 4500 rpm range, plug in tire diameter, transmission/diff ratio and shift rpm for following gear rpm.

Auto Transport Service
Back