• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR pulls to right on acceleration

Now that thing was making some torque! Was that a hemi car? That bent the spring perch?

- - - Updated - - -

Does the car have a good Sure Grip in it or did it not have one and does now and you're using the same rear tires? If so, measure the roll out on the rear tires. If one tire is a bit taller than the other, it'll do this. It's a quick and simple measurement too. Ask me how I know this lol It's a good idea to measure the roll out on rear tires when you're using a Sure Grip anyways because uneven tire height will also make it wear out faster....

Well Cranky wins the prize this time! Pulled both rear tires, they are both M/T street tires, 12.50 wide by 29 tall. Weathered, and not the same circumference! Pretty well down to the wear indicators. Measured the circumference by wrapping a tape around them, and one was 2 " larger around! Boy was I surprised. So I swapped them side to side, and now it pulls pretty much straight or slightly to the left on acceleration. Couldn't find anything else wrong. Perches are good, springs , shocks etc. all in good shape. So first prize this week is an all expenses paid trip to the Mc Donalds of your choice. Lol. Sorry, but I have to save up now for some new tires! Thanks everyone for your help/suggestions. This Forum is the best!

When you can get some hook,it wacky how some of the "other" weak links start to appear as your torque levels increase. Glad you figured out your issue.

Now with the six pack installed, it really pulls left on full throttle! Yea, time for some new rear tires.

Well Cranky wins the prize this time! Pulled both rear tires, they are both M/T street tires, 12.50 wide by 29 tall. Weathered, and not the same circumference! Pretty well down to the wear indicators. Measured the circumference by wrapping a tape around them, and one was 2 " larger around! Boy was I surprised. So I swapped them side to side, and now it pulls pretty much straight or slightly to the left on acceleration. Couldn't find anything else wrong. Perches are good, springs , shocks etc. all in good shape. So first prize this week is an all expenses paid trip to the Mc Donalds of your choice. Lol. Sorry, but I have to save up now for some new tires! Thanks everyone for your help/suggestions. This Forum is the best!
2" difference on the roll out? Wow...but....when you swapped sides with them and had the tall tire on the left, the car should go to the right about the same amount it went left with even moderate acceleration with a good Sure Grip. Sounds like maybe you only found part of the problem so before you give me that prize Mc Donalds :grin:, lets get the new tires on (measure them too) and see how the car acts. Sure is hard to believe that two like size tires were so far off. Mine were much closer than that and yet made a difference but it was pretty equal with doing the side to side swap. I actually found it hard to believe that they could make that much of a difference so I tired swapping them and the car went left with the tall tire and the right and went to the right pretty much the same amount with the taller tire on the left....but it did pull right just a bit less.

Auto Transport Service
Back