• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee Rebuild (my way)

Nice man! Glad it’s all back together and hopefully it’s all behind you and you can enjoy the car now.
:thumbsup:

Lookin good!
Looks like that garage has room for a couple more mopars
Thanks Don. There would be room for more old Mopars here, but then I wouldn't have any space to put pieces when I rip one apart. Decided to tear apart my Road Runner this winter and redo it. I never did anything with the bottom or cabin 15 years ago. The dash has never even been out of that car.

Nice man! Glad it’s all back together and hopefully it’s all behind you and you can enjoy the car now.
:thumbsup:
Yeah, I am hoping so as well. Been quite the ordeal, that's for sure.

Lol, you don't anybody walking behind rear bumper?!!!
Just trying to utilize all my garage space. I will have another car totally disassembled shortly.

Make sure to have a thread for the RR work!

Weather is starting to warm and bringing with it thoughts of getting these cars out of hibernation. Had a couple of things I wanted to check out. First was that I had an exhaust leak on the drivers side which sounded like it was coming from the header flange. When I pulled the motor, it sure looked suspect in that area. Was talking to TTI for something else and he told me to check to be sure the boss on the side of the motor was clearing the center tubes. He said they have had a few issues with that boss on random big blocks. Got a mirror and light up in there and I believe he was right. Took it apart and did some grinding. Also used a Remflex gasket this time to get some more clearance down by the rail of the Miloden oil pan.

20210401_090606.jpg 20210401_090621.jpg

I also had a no start issue last fall the final time I started it after getting the new motor in. After wiggling the positive cable on both ends, it started normal. This was one of those $40 cables sold most everywhere. Really not sure why I bought it in the first place, but ordered one of the better $130 versions to take its place. Interesting that the cheap cable showed 1.3 ohms and the better one measure .3 ohms. Not a lot, but would change the voltage drop when in use.

20210401_080256.jpg 20210401_080416.jpg

Sad part, as I have both as well, is the cheap POS has the correct brown solenoid wire!

Sad part, as I have both as well, is the cheap POS has the correct brown solenoid wire!
I noticed that as well. Guess I don't care so much about the color as long as it works better.

Auto Transport Service
Back