• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee Rebuild (my way)

So here is the difference between the 2 styles of master cylinders. See how the one has holes in the flange to hold the dust boot retainer, and the one I am using does not.

20191223_061723.jpg 20191223_061834.jpg

Last edited:
So here is the difference between the 2 styles if master cylinders. See how the one has holes in the flange to hold the dust boot retainer, and the one I am using does not.

View attachment 885043 View attachment 885044
When I first restored the Coronet I used the two-bolt m/c but that design must be for non-power brakes only because it wouldn't work with the power booster. Finally got a m/c from Ram Man like the one you're running and brakes have been good since.

When I first restored the Coronet I used the two-bolt m/c but that design must be for non-power brakes only because it wouldn't work with the power booster. Finally got a m/c from Ram Man like the one you're running and brakes have been good since.
That's odd. The cylinder I have with the bolt holes came from TheRamMan also. I thought he told me it was for power or manual disc/drum cars. I can't confirm that though as I used one on a manual brake car.

That's odd. The cylinder I have with the bolt holes came from TheRamMan also. I thought he told me it was for power or manual disc/drum cars. I can't confirm that though as I used one on a manual brake car.
The first one was from O'Reillys, not to disparage them. More of me being out of the Mopar game for 25+ years and still getting reacquainted. The bolt heads interfered with the face of the booster, which threw off my piston rod depth calculations, which in turn created hydraulic lock on the rear brakes. Wayne's videos got me untracked.

It's been well over a year since the car has had a rearend in place. Sure is a good feeling to be over the hump on this one. The older I get the more work everything seems to be.....

20191231_163804.jpg 20191231_163848.jpg 20191231_163825.jpg 20191231_163837.jpg

Says the man with a nice garage and a car lift. :rolleyes:
I think that the $4000 lift was about the best money I spent for messing around with these old cars. Makes so many things soooo much easier.

There's nothing like a big Dana 60 under the back ofa B body! My friend taught me to work civilized years ago,so when I built my garage I put the asemetrical two post lift in,and the scissor lift. It makes life so much easier!
20191103_132110.jpg
20180617_130448.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back