• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee Rebuild (my way)

That's a lot of arm work, you probably look like Popeye after that!
Lol. That's why it took so long. Back even a few years ago it wouldn't have even phased me, but I am now starting to feel my age it seems.

Hey your car your choice. im doing the same besides i don't have#s engine nor a fender tag or build sheet go man go!
This car was all original except for the transmission. So in my mind it was no big deal to modify it.

Feeling better about what you paid now? That has to be a good feeling not finding any hidden surprises, looks like you bought a good one.

Yes, daughters car.

That's a sweet Bee! And I love your color selection, will be following this one.

Nice condition, following also.

I'm ready to watch that V2 Bee sitting in your garage get put together. The one that I stupidly passed on a few years ago :poke:.
As soon as i caught wind of it i knew it was coming home with me. It checked off most of the boxes for me. Bench seat 4spd post car with #s all thru and ft/bs to back it up. Only thing it doesn't have is the Ramcharger hood but i have mine from high school still so it will end up on the car. Gotta get these kids done with school/college/weddings then we can get back on the cars.

I am sure glad you passed on MY Super Bee:lol:

Very decent shape. A whole lot of folks dealing with tougher shape builds.

:BangHead:
As soon as i caught wind of it i knew it was coming home with me. It checked off most of the boxes for me. Bench seat 4spd post car with #s all thru and ft/bs to back it up. Only thing it doesn't have is the Ramcharger hood but i have mine from high school still so it will end up on the car. Gotta get these kids done with school/college/weddings then we can get back on the cars.

I am sure glad you passed on MY Super Bee:lol:
Yeah, not one of my brightest decisions. Did I tell you I called him back a week later to tell him I would take it? Of course you had already gave him money to hold it at that point.

Great to have you back H2E . . . you were one ( of many ) that got me started on my rebuild and helped me make the decision to teat it all down and do it right . . . but then you finished up your car, and Devin finished his, and PropWash finished his . . . and so forth . . . and I'm still here struggling with trying to make progress on my car ! ! !

Very much looking forward to your build and watching your progress - you do great work and I really enjoy watching your builds . . .

Hi Joel, Nice car! Looking frwd to watching this one. Do you still have your charger?

Great to have you back H2E . . . you were one ( of many ) that got me started on my rebuild and helped me make the decision to teat it all down and do it right . . . but then you finished up your car, and Devin finished his, and PropWash finished his . . . and so forth . . . and I'm still here struggling with trying to make progress on my car ! ! !

Very much looking forward to your build and watching your progress - you do great work and I really enjoy watching your builds . . .
Thanks Larry. I'm enjoying my time spent with another B-body. Even have the model Bee you sent me so many years ago watching over the whole deal.

Hi Joel, Nice car! Looking frwd to watching this one. Do you still have your charger?
Hey Kid. No, I got offered crazy money for the Charger so it went off to California. My wife still gets a little worked up over it, but she is slowly calming down.

:BangHead:
Yeah, not one of my brightest decisions. Did I tell you I called him back a week later to tell him I would take it? Of course you had already gave him money to hold it at that point.
:bananadance::lol:

Funny story about the Bee. We get up one morning. Wife is getting ready for work. She asks what i am doing that day. I said going to Nebraska to buy a Super Bee. She says oh ok. That night she gets home from work and asks how my day went. I said great. I bought that Super Bee and i am going to pick it up next week when Dad is down visiting. She says ok and walks away. The next week comes and i have the trailer hooked up and my Dad and kids are getting ready to go with to get the car. Wife says what are you guys doing today? I look at her funny and said we are going to get the Bee. She says really? I thought you were kidding last week! I laugh nervously and say no i was serious. She gets kinda upset and leaves for work. We go get the Bee and get it home that day. She gets home and is in a mood. Wont come look at the car. Doesnt want to hear about the car. Goes in the house. I figure oh well...i got the Bee i have been looking for.
Fast forward a few months. We are walking around the car show in Winterset. We were getting up towards where Steve (aka CornpatchMO) had his 64 he called Brutus. All of a sudden my wife gets all excited and starts pointing at a hemi orange sixpack Bee sitting there. My son and i both look at her like her head was on backward. She asks why we were looking at her funny. We start laughing and told her the Bee in the shed was a twin to this one but had the 383 instead of the sixpack. She looked confused and said really???? Still laughing we said yup identical. She says "What the hell was i so pissed about?" We still laugh about it to this day.

20151011_150014.jpg

Started to sand some of the primer off to see what was underneath. The previous owner was told and paid to have the car stripped to bare metal, bodywork done, and covered in epoxy. I have yet to find one spot on the car that was stripped. Just primered right over the original paint, and I am quite certain their primer is not epoxy.

20180917_101221.jpg 20180917_102550.jpg

Couple of before pics of the right rear quarter area.

20180901_081642.jpg 20180903_102645.jpg

I knew there was issues in this area. Whoever did these repairs were masters of bondo. Used it to cover rust right up.

20181114_062853.jpg 20181228_143353.jpg 20181228_143401.jpg 20181228_144136.jpg

Kind of a mystery as to the rust area in the right rear tailpanel. Must have been something stuck in there that held moisture. Lots of angles and bends come together in that spot.

20190102_190952.jpg 20190102_190955.jpg 20190103_063512.jpg 20190103_063519.jpg 20180917_094624.jpg 20180917_094604.jpg

The repairs made on the exterior.

20190108_143914.jpg 20190108_143927.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back