• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 super bee

blownalcoholhemihead

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Color question on front end.

What is the correct color for
Lower control arms
upper control arms
torsion bars
strut rods
K member

and Do these even get paint or stay au-natural?
pitman arm
idler arm
center link
rod ends and adjuster bars

Thanks

1. black (semi-gloss)
2. black (semi-gloss)
3. black (anything really except flat black)
4. black (semi-gloss)
5. black (semi-flat)
pit-man, idler stay natural (clear coat is best to preserve them)
center link and adjuster bars are black (semi-gloss)
i know this is a bit late but yeah that's what should be on there, if someone say "it ain't right" slap them and love your car for what it is and what you made it to be.
enjoy

Wow I was way off, all my stuff is dirt and rust colored lol 'Cept for the torsion bars, pitman and idler arm, that's all new.

My lower control arms are copper-ish though, granted a bit faded and dirty, but I cleaned em up a bit when I had em off and that's what was underneath 40yrs of dirt and grime lol

What is truly correct for MOPAR undercarrige detailing?

What is the correct color for
Lower control arms ?
upper control arms ?
torsion bars ?
strut rods ?
K member ?
I have a different take:
Lower control arms were almost a cadium color. I powder coated mine "Belgian silver". I have seen sway bars black and a "au natural" color (Eastwoods' Cast Blast is a good paint if you dont want to powdercoat) I powdercoated mine gloss black. K-member is black. Again, I'm a powdercoat fan so mine went gloss again. BUT: what is correct? Now we get into the "gray" area of how it was done at the factory. Some factories differed.
Recently deceased and dearly missed Automotive expert, Muscle Car Review editor etc etc and Pontiac guru Paul Zazrraine authored a "Restoration Bible" for the GTOs. "WE" in the MOPAR realm need authorative direction much like that "Masterpiece" book Paul had worked on and devoted so much time to complete.

"Cosmoline".

Auto Transport Service
Back