• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 superbee - finally being built!

Now if I can only find the rest of the spot welds if anyone has a picture of a trunk pan that has already been removed, feel free to post that picture

Going to be a bad *** bee. Don't think I saw what color you're planning on. I know it's a way off but never to early to think about that stage.

drawing.jpg
Going to be a bad *** bee. Don't think I saw what color you're planning on. I know it's a way off but never to early to think about that stage.
thanks, believe me I've been planning this car for 15 years now. here's my drawing of the final product.

So while I was getting out the old trunk pan tonight, I noticed the trunk pan has been painted red by what looks like the factory as well as the wheel tubs but the car was Green from the factory this doesn't make any sense to me....update. turns out someone painted a trunk red on a green car....very Christmas like.

Last edited:
That's a sweet look my Mopar brother. Never go wrong with blue with black accents. She's going to be sweet!

I hate this trunk pan. Been trying to remove it since this morning

Trust me Bro, ain' NUTHIN more painful than passing a kidney stone, however, the hit in your wallet might come close;-) !
Keep pressing on,it is going to be worth it!

Trust me Bro, ain' NUTHIN more painful than passing a kidney stone, however, the hit in your wallet might come close;-) !
Keep pressing on,it is going to be worth it!
been there done that don't want to do it again LOL.

Last edited:
Okay on to the next project turn one ugly frame rail into a sexy frame rail
20160531_173143.jpg
20160531_173206.jpg
20160531_173210.jpg

20160531_173143.jpg

20160531_180155.jpg
Break time watch the puppies play for a while

Last edited:
Okay so how to fix the frame. First I made a template of where I needed to replace metal then I cut it out of a cereal box then I transferred that pattern to the other end of the frame I'm not using and cut it up a little bigger than I needed it. then, I am cutting the bad area out of the old frame bit by bit and test fitting the new piece until it fits perfectly and then it will get welded in
20160601_142427.jpg
20160601_142446.jpg
20160601_142244.jpg
20160601_142300.jpg

There's one nice fitting patch now it just needs to be welded in
20160601_161419.jpg

WTF??, I was cutting out the old trunk pan today and I found a piece I don't have to replace!! The gas tank brace is beautiful. Things are really going to change for me now in life.View attachment 340771
I love the rendering looks awesome , I saw a ben hermance rendering , that started me on a 7 year build !! wow time flies , its your car build it how ever you want !! I carried a m-16 usmc!! so I can build what ever I want !!

I love the rendering looks awesome , I saw a ben hermance rendering , that started me on a 7 year build !! wow time flies , its your car build it how ever you want !! I carried a m-16 usmc!! so I can build what ever I want !!
well It must have been a really nice picture if you built a car because of it lol

Last edited:
sideview.jpg
I tried to do a side view as well but I can't get the body shape right

I love B's and especially that color! The only person that matters is YOU so make the car the way you will be happy with. I have a 69 Coronet 440 that I am making MINE and don't really give a damn what pleases all the onlookers. They aren't going through the pains of a restoration or the financial burden that comes with it, they can get their own car to rebuild. Thanks for sharing your build and I am rooting for you!

Cool project. When I did mine, I took TONS of pictures as I went along, especially of the disassembly. Trust me, you will rely a LOT on those pictures. A camera is one of the greatest tools you have!

Best of luck and we will be interested to follow along!

Auto Transport Service
Back