• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 superbee - finally being built!

License plate bracket is in its final resting spot. I wanted to put it on an angle to match the tail light panel and also I figured if I put it on an angle then it can open a little further and make it easier to put gas in the car because they are very difficult to get into with the pump generally because there's not a lot of room

20230413_100132.jpg

Last edited:
II thought I would upload some pictures of where I'm at with this girl. I'm trying to get the body work done and get it off for paint in 4 weeks from now. That includes finishing the side scoop fabrication and the rear Valance. I have a long month ahead of me

20230415_070138.jpg

20230415_070423.jpg

20230415_070528.jpg

Not much to show today. Just doing more final body work and covered all the bare metal spots that were exposed with epoxy. My plan is to get all the rough body work done, use featherfill High Build primer. Block it out. Then coat the whole car with SPI epoxy. Final sanding and then paint my engine bay, bottom of the trunk, door jambs, inside of doors. Then she's going off to paint for the main body

It's fitted and I think I have a plan how to tie it all together. Fingers crossed.

20230429_170558.jpg

Not making much progress but hoping to get this thing finished soon. It took a long time to figure out how I was going to make it all work. I'm not crazy about the Gap around the bumper but it does match the front and it is in the flavor of what Chrysler would do so I'm okay with it.

20230505_125342.jpg

Have to work on some fitment issues but basically it's done. For anyone out there that wants to do this modification I will give you some advice. Don't do it lol. This piece took a lot of work to make

20230507_100817.jpg

20230507_103653.jpg

20230507_104008.jpg

Last edited:
Working on the side scoops now. I don't like the factory twin snorkel so I opted to make my own. I'm modeling it kind of after a 1970 RT side scoop. The main difference is I made it fit the Body Lines. I considered doing them in fiberglass but I'm not really good with fiberglass so 18 guage metal it is. I hope it gets prettier

20230508_205629.jpg

20230508_210830.jpg

20230508_210833.jpg

Just spit balling here…..you run ducting to the rear brakes, just a thought.

It is a great idea . I did think about doing that but I really don't want to cut a big hole in the quarter panel and the wheel tub. Right now there's only six little holes for the studs to go through so I was going to make it non-functional. I'm trying to make the car so it represents something that Chrysler could have built so that's why I keep those things in mind when I'm doing stuff and following their theme with other cars such as the charger front valance, the chopped bumper on the rear with the valance below it and the side scoops. I actually haven't changed anything underneath the car from stock except for frame connectors . I would like to have gone Hog Wild on this car and made it a wide body and tubbed it for Big Wheels. Channel the floor to lower. Put a new style fuely engine in it. But the idea in my mind is make it kind of like a concept car from 1969. That other stuff is overdone and frankly out of my budget and physical capability. I don't want people to look at my car and see it as a custom. I want them to see a Super Bee that just has nicer lines and flows a little better.

Side Scoops are epoxied and ready for frontal body work. That concludes all my metal fabrication

20230514_192542.jpg

20230514_192603.jpg

I’m not 1 to put the work of others down, that’s not what I want to come across, but…..they look disproportionately bigger than factory.

You're absolutely correct. They are bigger. If I was trying to duplicate the OEM look I have failed miserably. There's a valley in the quarter panel right where the scoop sits in. I wasn't trying to go proportionate with factory specs. I was trying to go proportionate with the car. I would say the front is about the size of the RT scoop . In order to match the Contour of the car it has to get wider on the back . It's not a design mistake. I knew three years ago what it would look like as you can see in this photo . Go big or go home :lol:

20210209_171945.jpg

Last edited:
Just a small update. Door jams and doors painted and bumper welded on

20230706_113813.jpg

20230703_190516.jpg

20230703_161217.jpg

Looking great ! I noticed you have one of those Pneumatic floor jacks, how do you like it, and where did you buy it from ?

Rob
Thank you.

I bought the scissor lift from a company in Toronto. It works pretty good after a slight modification with the safety which was built very flimsy and basically let go. So I overkilled it and made a much better stronger safety catch. I love it because it doesn't interfere with doing most work on the car and it can put it up 4 ft Plus. Mine will be for sale in the next 2 months

Thank you.

I bought the scissor lift from a company in Toronto. It works pretty good after a slight modification with the safety which was built very flimsy and basically let go. So I overkilled it and made a much better stronger safety catch. I love it because it doesn't interfere with doing most work on the car and it can put it up 4 ft Plus. Mine will be for sale in the next 2 months
That's pretty cool. I might be interested, depending on the overall cost + shipping...send me a pm if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Rob

Auto Transport Service
Back