• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 superbee - finally being built!

I did get it mostly done. I still have yet to fix it at the front where it meets the door because there is a big gap where the factory drip rail overlapped the area. once I get my doors fitted then I can finish that part.

View attachment 785769
Its on my list of want to do jobs, just not sure on how to do it. Looks like youve nailed it!

Its on my list of want to do jobs, just not sure on how to do it. Looks like youve nailed it!
Well I cut off the drip rail very close to the outer edge. Then I took 1/2 inch flat stock and shaped it to match the contour of the piece I just cut off, tack welded that to the bottom of the pinch weld then ground down the pinch weld to make it flush to the flat stock. After that I finished welding the full length jumping around to make sure not to create too much heat. then made a strip to bridge from the roof to the edge I created.

I hope all of that makes sense. If you need me to elaborate feel free to ask

Just thought I would update my old thread. I'm still working on the Beast and I'm hoping to have it off the rotisserie in about a month once I get the bottom of the car painted and all my body work done. I still have to rework the front and rear window openings so I can flush mount my windshield and back window.

20210102_094825.jpg 20210102_094808.jpg

all this work because the quarter panel was a 16th of an inch higher than the trunk lid. I wish I could just settle sometimes for something not quite perfect

20210119_135946.jpg

all this work because the quarter panel was a 16th of an inch higher than the trunk lid. I wish I could just settle sometimes for something not quite perfect

View attachment 1056659
I applaud you for your ability to make that specific of a adjustment. While building mine I had to keep reminding myself that it does not have to be perfect. It just kept stressing me out thinking about having to make everything absolutely perfect. I mean these cars did not come from the factory in perfect condition. I was trying to live up to a standard that’s been exaggerated by all of these TV car shows. I built mine as a daily driver not a trailer queen. I am more of a rust valley restoration level guy. Great work!!!

I applaud you for your ability to make that specific of a adjustment. While building mine I had to keep reminding myself that it does not have to be perfect. It just kept stressing me out thinking about having to make everything absolutely perfect. I mean these cars did not come from the factory in perfect condition. I was trying to live up to a standard that’s been exaggerated by all of these TV car shows. I built mine as a daily driver not a trailer queen. I am more of a rust valley restoration level guy. Great work!!!
I like that show as well. I have OCD which will make me see every flaw when the car is done and I would not be satisfied with it. I applaud people that can leave certain things as they are.

All finished and fits flush all the way around now.

20210119_153012.jpg 20210119_153246.jpg

I like that show as well. I have OCD which will make me see every flaw when the car is done and I would not be satisfied with it. I applaud people that can leave certain things as they are.
Maybe this is just my way of accepting them a little more but I look back at some of those small defects and it reminds me of the process I went through to restore the car. I can look at certain things and remember either how fun they were or what a pain in the *** they were.

Maybe this is just my way of accepting them a little more but I look back at some of those small defects and it reminds me of the process I went through to restore the car. I can look at certain things and remember either how fun they were or what a pain in the *** they were.
It's not always easy and somehow I tend to find the most difficult way to do things LOL

I've been doing other projects in between so this one keeps getting bumped. I'm full into it now at least until I get the bodywork finished , the floor and jams are painted and it's back on it's wheels.

Here is the quarter panel I was aligning to the door the other day

20210120_084209.jpg

Being as picky as I have been it feels like there is no finish line in sight. Hopefully some day I will run out of things that I feel I need to correct.

Love the car, man. I was looking for a B5 Bee with a white stripe and no vinyl when I found my Triple X9 Bee. Is yours a 727 or 833? It looks like it will be badass when done.

bee15.jpg

Love the car, man. I was looking for a B5 Bee with a white stripe and no vinyl when I found my Triple X9 Bee. Is yours a 727 or 833? It looks like it will be badass when done.

View attachment 1060490
It's a 727. Thanks for the support.

Things are about to pick up the pace as I now am on this car full time, even though I spent the last 3 days building a new workbench. Time sure flies when you have so much to do.

Template made up for custom side scoops. I thought about going with the stock Scoops but I don't really like them so I'm going to design my own

20210210_170208.jpg

I decided after Chasing several problem spots in the floor pan to just replace it. I cut the old one out and butt welded the new one in for a cleaner look

20210531_104457.jpg

Today I got the epoxy on the bottom of the car. Now it's ready for paint

20210611_113209.jpg20210611_113157.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back