• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Superbee Hemi Orange white tail stripe

Update - Bee to Body Shop, 7 month contract times ticking..

S0 getting it to the body shop was not horrible, but I drove the 5 miles with eyes on the rear view mirror..
New rear quarter and trunk pan.. Yes they are rust free. The rear quarter was replaced 35 yrs ago I imagone from collision since there is not rust. I elected to replace the entire trunk pan since it had pits and I want it to look new.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,180
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,164
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,166
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,165
looking good ,alot of work but it will be worth it in the long run keep us updated:headbang:

Glad to see you got it to the shop OK. What are they going to do that will keep the car in their shop for 7 months?

Nice panels going in and on it, hope it all gos good and glad you made it. thanks for the update! Good luck..

Can't wait to see it done this will be an awesome color combo for sure.

Do you have pics of the job that was done 30 some years ago? To bad it couldn't be saved its rare to have all the panels it was born with or one that was replaced that long ago with factory panels.

Keep us posted.

Glad to see you got it to the shop OK. What are they going to do that will keep the car in their shop for 7 months?

No shop makes any money on resto work unless that's all they do. This shop does some resto but makes their paychecks off collision.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to see it done this will be an awesome color combo for sure.

Do you have pics of the job that was done 30 some years ago? To bad it couldn't be saved its rare to have all the panels it was born with or one that was replaced that long ago with factory panels.

Keep us posted.

No pictures. Does the quarter I'm removing have any value?

]
No shop makes any money on resto work unless that's all they do. This shop does some resto but makes their paychecks off collision.
So I take it they are doing all the metal work, prep and paint . Who is doing the re-assembly of the body, like hanging and alignment of the body panels, glass etc?

WHo shot the guy in the Blue shirt? Doesn't look like he is aware of it.

] So I take it they are doing all the metal work, prep and paint . Who is doing the re-assembly of the body, like hanging and alignment of the body panels, glass etc?

They are doing it all..prep, paint, hang new metal, hang doors, fenders etc.. I will get a glass guy to the the glass and I will put it back together with some expertise from FBBO and a good friend of mine in Davidsonville.

No pictures. Does the quarter I'm removing have any value?

No it adds no value its just kind of a neat thing to hear if a car has been restored that if it has all of its original panels or was replaced (with pictures showing it while the body work is being done) with a factory panel and that you were able to save the factory panel. It just adds to the story of the car.

If the trunk pan needs replaced and the quarter panel would take to much time to re-work I get what you are doing.

Nice project, is it possible to get some close up photos of the rear upper and lower corner?
photo4jm.jpg

Update Nov 2012

So the guy in the picture is the paint guy. The guy doing the body, and who only does resto work, has elected to sand blast almost the entire car except for some fo the flat metal. He wanted it cleaner prior to expoxy prime. They are diving into it pretty hard in the next month. These pictures were today.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 990
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 991
Got the trans back Saturday

Thanks to my Buddy for rebuilding my transmission for my 69 Bee. I got it back Saturday Dec 8, 2012. Yes the casing is painted the cast color to prevent rusting.

Next.. Uncrating of the motor and have the K frame rebuilt with front disc brakes, while the Bee is in the paint shop.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 935
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 955
The center chunck and rear almost done. Just some primer and satin black epoxy paint.

Attachments

• Center chunk 323 sure grip.jpg
    Center chunk 323 sure grip.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 934
  • Rear end restored.jpg
    Rear end restored.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 911
Here is the rear all prepped and primed.

Attachments

• Bee rear 1.jpg
    Bee rear 1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 878
  • Bee Rear 2.jpg
    Bee Rear 2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 878
  • bee rear 3.jpg
    bee rear 3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 871
Looking awesome Best of luck on the build! This si gouing to be great, when it is all done.

Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back