• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Superbee Hemi Orange white tail stripe

The Eastwood 5lb nut and bolt cleaner is doing wonders.

Attachments

• Superbee nut and bolt resto.JPG
    Superbee nut and bolt resto.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 882
Manual to power steering for the Superbee, courtesy of the donor parts car 69 Coronet 440. I think the shaft just needs swapped out in addition to the power sterring pump and gear box on the floor.

Attachments

• Manual to power steering.JPG
    Manual to power steering.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 858
The last month, I've just been polsihing all of the bolts and hardware with the Eastwood vibrating tumbler. I'm about 80% done the hardware. I'm slipping over to the paint shop today after work, to see if all of the metal work has been completed. They have until Jan 26 with liquid damages of $100 a week. By Jan 26, the quarter, trunk drop down, trunk lip and trunk pan should all be installed as well as the bottom of the car and engine bay painted. If not, then we will write an adendum to add some servies for a time extension. It's really the only way to get work back in time, is to have a contract with milestones on certain dates IMO. There is no extension on the finish date, just the 2 milestone dates.

Trunk pan in, quarter hung and trunk drop down drivers side.

Attachments

• DSC01914.jpg
    DSC01914.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 790
  • DSC01915.jpg
    DSC01915.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 805
  • DSC01916.jpg
    DSC01916.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 797
  • DSC01917.jpg
    DSC01917.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 804
  • DSC01918.jpg
    DSC01918.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 801
  • DSC01919.jpg
    DSC01919.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 781
  • DSC01920.jpg
    DSC01920.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 782
  • DSC01921.jpg
    DSC01921.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 773
  • DSC01922.jpg
    DSC01922.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 776
  • DSC01923.jpg
    DSC01923.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 786
The last month, I've just been polsihing all of the bolts and hardware with the Eastwood vibrating tumbler. I'm about 80% done the hardware. I'm slipping over to the paint shop today after work, to see if all of the metal work has been completed. They have until Jan 26 with liquid damages of $100 a week. By Jan 26, the quarter, trunk drop down, trunk lip and trunk pan should all be installed as well as the bottom of the car and engine bay painted. If not, then we will write an adendum to add some servies for a time extension. It's really the only way to get work back in time, is to have a contract with milestones on certain dates IMO. There is no extension on the finish date, just the 2 milestone dates.

this would never have occurred to me... thanks rusty

Front end pieces ready to go. I sand blasted these, then my buddy pressed in the new bushings and I painted them today.

Attachments

• Control arms1.jpg
    Control arms1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 720
  • controls arms2.jpg
    controls arms2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 715
  • control arms3.jpg
    control arms3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 740
  • Control arms4.jpg
    Control arms4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 719
Love watching these projects! I have to say the 69 Bee is my favorite.

3 More weeks and I should have a completed shell on the rotisserie home to make it a roller. Then back to the body shop for the final fit out and assembly of the doors, fenders, hood and trunk.

Rusty, I see work is getting done. How about the upper core support? Are you going to leave that piece out? Isn't that where the numbers are stamped?

View attachment 107434

Yes.. I have it... and yes numbers are on it. Mine was bolted in. Our "Consultant" swears it was supposed to be welded in. Even the parts car I have has it bolted in. What are your thoughts?

Never seen a factory support bolted in. If the ID no. is on it I would bet it is not supposed to be removable. Those numbers were stamped on the uni bodies to help ID stolen cars, wouldn't make sense to be removable. Start a thread and poll the crowd, I'm sure they need a distraction from the new Pope and the death threat!

Ha.. Too techy for me. I will take your word. So the upper radiator core support, needs welded in. I need to get them to do that before color.

Ha.. Too techy for me. I will take your word. So the upper radiator core support, needs welded in. I need to get them to do that before color.

Yeah - it was originally welded in. There are only a few spotwelds on each side. I bet someone drilled those out at one time to make an engine removal job easier.

Yeah - it was originally welded in. There are only a few spotwelds on each side. I bet someone drilled those out at one time to make an engine removal job easier.
Good thought. I forgot that some people would've done that.

I've seen a few that just hacked off the upper support, but never bolted.

might not be a bad idea to leave it that way if you think the engine may be going in and out once in a while for upgrades, suspensions work etc. I've seen plenty of banged up upper rad supports over the years unfortunately and that would make it a a little easier to slide the engine in and out as a unit, especially in a garage with low headroom.

Auto Transport Service
Back