• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 X cooling

KB9GIB

Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Hi looking for some info. My 69X has always run hot 215 and higher so i just rebuilt the motor and it still run's hot what I'm looing for is a aluminum radiator that will cool the motor and fit fan shroud. The X came factory with a 22" and it was replaced 10yrs ago 4 core. since the rebuild i have tried new 180 thermostat thermostat with the center out and no thermostat and wetter water and will still run 215 going down the road so any info will be helpful thanks KB9GIB Anna ILLINOIS.

I have the same 052 22" radiator in my 69 coronet R/T.
I had cooling problems.
I wanted to keep it stock appearance.
I sent it to Glen Ray and they recored it. (fantastic performance and appearance by the way...)
160-165 out on the highway. About 180 as I putt around town in 90+ weather.
Looks stock.

Thanks I will check Glen Ray out Thanks

anybody use a flow cooler water pum from summit.was wondering if they work good,I just bought one ,any body have any personal experiance with this one?

Thanks I will check Glen Ray out Thanks

Talk with Bob. Tell him you want the same treatment he did about a year ago for Tim in Omaha.
Not cheap but very effective and looks correct.
Plus, try sourcing where the heat is coming from.

KB9GIB; What kind of gauge are you using and have you confirmed the temperature with an infrared heat gun? There are so many reasons that some motors run hot. A search on this forum will give you loads of ideas on things to check. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back