• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Bee green stripe question

DLevel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
I bought a 70 super bee over ten years ago with faded original paint and what I thought was a black reverse c stripe. Galen decoded and registered it as DY3 paint and a V6F green stripe. After receiving his letter I looked at the car more closely and noticed the original stripe had been painted over. Using laquer thinner and rag the black paint came off and revealed a green stripe. At that time I contacted multiple stripe suppliers and was told a green stripe was never available so I didn't know what do with the car so it's sat for over ten years. I'm restoring the car now and the shell was painted last week. Before removing the stripe for sandblasting I took a lot of pics, and had a local graphics company trace the stripe and take a piece of material for color matching. My problem is that in my pictures the words Super Bee are green which contradicts what I've read. The Charger,Road Runner,& Super Bee restoration guide states: In 1970, stripe color choices expanded to include blue and green, but the logo was only available in black or white. Maybe the author ment just the bee sticker not the words, not sure. All i've got to go off of are my pics of the original stripe.I'm ready to have the stripe made and installed and I want to have this right. If anyone has a car with an original green or blue stripe or some info it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, D

All I have is this pic I found on the internet and I kept it as I thought it looked cool. Dont know if it is factory. Ron

400087592.gif

Same deal here as I found this pic and thought it looked cool. Ron

400087605.gif

Welcome to the site DLevel, from the Motor City! Post up some pics of your car, we'd love to see it!
Nice work Ron, I love the oddball stripes too!

Thanks for the response guys,the logo coloring on those cars is the same as mine before removal. Put the new stainless fuel and brake lines on last night.There are a lot of pics I've taken along the way and once I take the time to figure out how to put them on here I will.

Welcome Dennis.

Go online to performance car graphics and they show a green 70 bee with the green strip. It may be the same car as shown above. You should be able to order the correct strip direct from them.

Dave

Auto Transport Service
Back