• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 bucket install on new floor AMD

Donakey

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
I was wondering if any body has installed the buckets back into the car after a complete new front floor was installed. I believe the buckets bolt down through a bracket off the inner rocker that is plug welded to the floor. Is there are a plate welded to the floor, the same as the inside where the seats sits on the plate at tranny tunnel? I can’t remember. Thanks

I was wondering if any body has installed the buckets back into the car after a complete new front floor was installed. I believe the buckets bolt down through a bracket off the inner rocker that is plug welded to the floor. Is there are a plate welded to the floor, the same as the inside where the seats sits on the plate at tranny tunnel? I can’t remember. Thanks
There should be brackets welded to the floor on both tracks. When I swapped my bench seat to buckets in my 70 Satellite, there were no brackets next to the trans hump, only on the rocker side. I didn't have the brackets and don't weld so I used 2" fender washers on the top and bottom of the floor pan to reinforce. I sprayed the bottom washers and bolts with some rattlecan undercoating to prevent rusting.

Don't know about '70 but on a '69 there are no plates for the outer tracks but there are plates for the inner tracks next to the hump.

bucket seat plates (2016_11_22 02_37_15 UTC).jpg

Can you not drill up, through the brackets under the floor? Or did you replace those as well?

I have a survivor '70 I'm working on right now; if you like, I can go take some measurements for you in the morning. Let me know if you have holes in your brackets or not...

It’s all good I just finished it up today. I measured the bottom seat studs and played with the measurement till I got it where it needed to be. Thanks man

Auto Transport Service
Back